Just Got Served

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Just Got Served

Unread postby Ryedog » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Euronymous wrote:
FYI = Remaining in the marital residence is in in their best interest. Do you know why??

She is dead-set on selling the marital residence and keeping the rental as hers. Capital gains/tax benefits, etc. I wanted to buy her out of the primary residence and keep it, but she is against this

Makes no sense why she would be against that. Saves her money. Also did you have losses on your rental? Those would be passive losses and would not be deductible until you have passive income or dispose of the property. I would look in to see, she might be trying to play games with you.
Ryedog
New

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 pm

I am very appreciative of each and every response I've received. I've read every one of them, many of them more than once. It must be frustrating to think, "well, I've taken the time to offer some solid advice, but this guy's still sitting on his hands!" I'm feeling so much stress that I just can't think clearly, let alone take any strategic action. The brief intervals in which I feel hope I am flooded with feelings of near-euphoria. There is no in-between right now.

Because of my state, I don't trust my ability to take any action against alone. I really think I need to tell my boss exactly what's going on and make an appointment for an hour consult with the attorney I've initially selected. It'll cost $100, I can pay in cash, and she doesn't even need to know at this point. Put the divorce petition and parenting plan she's proposed in front of him, and just listen. My path forward may very well crystallize after that hour.

Anyway, thanks. I mean it...
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Ryedog » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:58 pm

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Let us know how the consult goes. Mine was well worth what I paid.
Ryedog
New

Unread postby Euronymous » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 am

Welp.

STBX comes into the room where I'm sitting and says, "so have you read through the divorce petition?" I say, "we went over that last week and I told you all the things I want changed. Where are you at with those? Ball's in your court." She immediately escalates and starts telling me that she hasn't gotten anything from me in writing and that "maybe she's being too lenient in offering 50/50 custody and that she will ask for full custody and full child support instead." Then she starts screaming about who knows what and says "who do you have writing this up for you?" I went radio silent, and she went upstairs and then back down again for a couple more encores before finally up for good. This woman is extremely unhinged. I need to get in with an attorney asap.
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:49 am

I thought that was 10 pages ago.
a dad

Unread postby MegaDad » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 am

Absolutely new thread time. OP, start a new thread with an update on how your consultation with the attorney went, because you ARE doing that today, correct?

I am going to come back at you with further insistence on why you need to separate yourself financially ASAP once this new thread pops up.

Your current defeatist attitude will need some work too, but we will all get to that.

New thread.....go.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Euronymous wrote:
FYI = Remaining in the marital residence is in in their best interest. Do you know why??

She is dead-set on selling the marital residence and keeping the rental as hers. Capital gains/tax benefits, etc. I wanted to buy her out of the primary residence and keep it, but she is against this (primary residence has net value of 2x the rental.
The question is about your kids. Yet you persist in talking about her. This is a classic sign that she's taken up residence inside your head. That's gotta change - and soon.

Before you answer, focus on the question Bro; best interest of your kids.

You've gotta start multi-tasking. In addition to getting an attorney, you're going to the bank today, right?? Take care of the bank first. Chances are, you'll hafta set up an appointment to see an attorney.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

I have an appointment for an initial one hour consult with an attorney tomorrow morning. I will start a new thread (at the request of a few who have posted to this one) and lay it all out after I'm done. Thanks, all!
Euronymous
50+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 pm

You've gotta start multi-tasking.
^^^ What about the bank??

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:
You've gotta start multi-tasking.
^^^ What about the bank??

Tom

Counted $1,800 in ATM withdrawals over eight transactions since the beginning of July. Good times!

I'm going to wait to see what the attorney says...
Euronymous
50+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum