STBX txt msgs "its your fault if children end up in casket"

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: STBX txt msgs "its your fault if children end up in cask

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Read, File, Move on with your day.

I think you need to filter your messages and email for a while. Stop trying to make a case out of everything. You'll be done with divorce and have to get on with living.

You are going to have to learn how to ignore these messages and create boarders.

Do not respond and file it away.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 pm

truemort wrote:the "grave risk" is a fan clutch
Does the car have a history of over-heating?? If not, I'd say her mechanic is trying to "up-sell" her.

Q: Did NJ give you a written estimate for repair??

Addendum:
Now that I think about it, does NJ's car even have a fan clutch?? Many of today's cars have electric cooling fans. They don't have a fan clutch. Fan clutches are belt driven.

What kind of car is it??.....year, make model??

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:
truemort wrote:the "grave risk" is a fan clutch
Does the car have a history of over-heating?? If not, I'd say her mechanic is trying to "up-sell" her.

Q: Did NJ give you a written estimate for repair??

Addendum:
Now that I think about it, does NJ's car even have a fan clutch?? Many of today's cars have electric cooling fans. They don't have a fan clutch. Fan clutches are belt driven.

What kind of car is it??.....year, make model??

Tom

2011 infiniti qx56 truck

she provided estimate....bottom line is i dont have money to repair it.
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

truemort wrote:.....bottom line is I don't have money to repair it.
Forget about the money.

Bottom line: Her car is not your problem. Don't make it your problem.

In typical NJ fashion, estimate for repair is highly inflated. As with all things divorce, do your research. And when necessary, get a second opinion.

Tom

Google search: fan clutch for 2011 infiniti qx56

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... bKbiZYYmvM

Google search: [i]labor to install fan clutch for 2011 infiniti qx56

https://www.google.com/search?q=labor+t ... P4eAf7nWe0

BTW - Is there a snow flake's chance in hell?.....Maybe she'll trade it in for something she can afford. Because if NJ is ever-so-concerned about safety, that's exactly what she should do.....AND THAT'S HOW YOU TURN THIS AROUND. Make this her responsibility, not yours.
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 pm

+1 Tom

That's one of my new hobbies, working on my car. I changed my own oil a few weeks ago for the first time in at least 20yrs just for the hell of it. I flushed my power steering fluid, then drove for a month and flushed it again, all for about $12 in OEM fluid and an empty Gatorade bottle. You can't beat that double flush.

Hey Tom, and anyone interested in doing basic stuff to your car, check out ChrisFix's website which basically links to his channel on YouTube. I clay rubbed my car because of this guy. My non-chemical headlight restoration is shiney as new and permanent with just sandpaper and spray paint.

If the belts just squeaking, check out his video on How to fix a squeaky fan belt or if it's the tension, How to adjust the pulley. Not everything is difficult and it feels good to do it yourself.
a dad

Unread postby TJinCA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Has property been legally divided? Is it really legally "her (separate property) car" or is it still "our (marital property) car that she drives"?

If the latter, seems like any repair should come out of marital funds, but you should still be able to decide whether the repair is necessary or not. Fan clutch doesn't sound like an essential safety item and it sounds like the car has been soldiering on without it, but on the other hand you really don't want your kids stranded on the side of the road with an overheated engine. So up to you to make that call based on your judgment as to what's best for the kids, you should be able to ignore your wife's complaints.

If the former, it's clearly her problem. Maybe just tell her that you'd be happy to spend more time with the kids until such time as she feels she can provide safe, reliable transportation for them.
TJinCA
100+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 am

"sounds important, send me an email"

How did things go True? Did you calibrate your DGAF and put this back on her?

Dear mother of satan,

I appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding our child's safety and your vehicle. I will take over all child transports while you get your transportation issues fixed.

Signed, superdad.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:53 pm

this item is still an open issue...

See the problem in my case is that i am locked into a pendente lite order that puts me on the hook for all expenses and repairs.

but we literally have zero dollars and the stbx knows this. so she is using this (along with other things on a daily basis) to say "aha!" see judge, he has violated the temporary pendente lite order..."

keep in mind we are in trial at this point and i am on the stand being cross examined by her....we go back nov 28th...

she spends hours cross examining me on why i have failed to follow the pendente lite order....when meanwhile she knows full well that there is no money available to take care of these types of things....(she is pro se).

I have exhausted all borrowing sources.

i really dgaf but im concerned if her tactic will actually work and put me in unfavorable eyes to the judge.....
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Don’t sweat it.

If you don’t have the resources, it wasn’t willful and intentional, and not in contempt.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:28 am

truemort wrote:See the problem in my case is that i am locked into a pendente lite order that puts me on the hook for all expenses and repairs.
You: "Your Honor, this is why my STBX needs to get a full time job so she can become fully self-supporting."

Tom
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum