What to expect

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: What to expect

Unread postby FN Newguy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks to all. I've sent an email to my attorney letting him know again thst I'm not satisfied with what was ordered.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby HaltAndCatchFire » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 pm

What do you expect your attorney to do with your email other than charge you $35 for reading it? Because at $350/hour, that's what just happened.
The only way out is through.
HaltAndCatchFire
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:42 pm

LOL, ya that is right. If you had met with him or told him this on the phone, it would have been better use of your money.
whatever_works
500+ Posts

Unread postby FN Newguy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Yes I understand it costs me any time I communicate with him. I am not an attorney nor do I kbow how to proceed with the courts to try to get this order changed. Other than this forum, he is all I have. I can produce the last 36 months of credit card statements to prove my STBX was lying and that lie was the cause of the judges order that will cost me more money monthly. If I don't point out to the courts they were duped, it will be a basis to continue my assistance repaying debt I did not incur or was not incurred for the reason of paying bills as stated by my STBX. I'm not trying to argue, just lost, confused and being beaten when all I want is to end my marriage....fairly.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm

You're in Georgia and you cheated, they don't like that there
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby FN Newguy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:23 pm

But that wasn't mentioned in this temp hearing. I'm pretty certain I will never marry again. Just old, lonely and bitter.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 am

FN Newguy wrote:Just old, lonely and bitter.

Stop being a drama queen. You own your quality of life after divorce, no one else. If it sucks, it's your fault. If you allow that to happen, you deserve it.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby FN Newguy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Sorry, just really bitter after getting the shaft in a tenporary hearing where she lied and it puts me in a very poor financial position. I spoke with my attorney today and he is going to file something to get the order modified. My STBX's claims in court weren't disputed and were believed as true. I don't recall what he told me he was going to file to get the order modified. The judge asked both attorneys how long they suspected the hearing would last and both agreed one hour. After 2.5 hours, I believe the judge just wanted it to end and didn't really take the time to study the actual facts so she just made a judgement to get it over. My attorney agreed she seemed annoyed at the length of the temporary hearing. STBX has no respect for the courts OR the government. I should've expected her disrespect would carry into tbe courtroom.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Did your atty stand there and do nothing to challenge the lies? What sort of hearing was this?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby afc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Usually the one with no respect for the courts isn't the one who walks out the happy camper.

Don't think just because she is pi**ing you off that she's posing off others.

She might seem utterly delightful and reasonable to the court and others
afc
5K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum