What to expect

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: What to expect

Unread postby FN Newguy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm

It was really weird. I took the stand first. Answered all my attorneys questions about my financials. It was a temp hearing for exclusive use of the home and temp SS. Her business is run out of the home. I don't care what happens to it in the end and really only want my portion of the equity. I didn't want to lose my equity stake. Her attorney started questioning and in the sneaky ways of attorneys, got in hints of an affair without actually saying it. He also tried to poke holes in my financials which came directly from my pay stubs and couldn't be doctored. It was very frustrating. I wanted to object myself on several occasions 'relevance'. She took the stand after I did and she was the one who asked for the hearing. Her financials were incomplete and falsified and there were a lot of questions sorta left unanswered. Idk why the judge rulaed as she did. My STBX has the gift of gab and you can start talking about the weather and sonehow she'll segway to talking about lawn mowers on the beach or rubber beeks on a woodpecker.

There was no chance to dispute her claims. I wasn't called back up to answer any questions that may have entered the judges mind. My first time actually participating in a courtroom so I didn't, and atill don't, know how it's all supposed to work.

I honestly think the judge, knowing she would never hear the case again, just ruled what she thought was fair. My STBX earns more than I but by lying on her financials came out smelling like a rose and me....dog squeeze.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:01 pm

doesn't add up
afc wrote:You're in Georgia and you cheated, they don't like that there

FN Newguy wrote:But that wasn't mentioned in this temp hearing.

FN Newguy wrote:Her attorney started questioning and in the sneaky ways of attorneys, got in hints of an affair without actually saying it..

And your attorney said what? What information did you provide him for this hearing? What did you expect to happen?
FN Newguy wrote:there were a lot of questions sorta left unanswered

See quote from afc
FN Newguy wrote:she was the one who asked for the hearing
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby FN Newguy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 am

Attorney had all her internal records that I could access. Even her preliminary 2016 draft for her accountant to file 2016 taxes showing she grossed 6k more than I last year. Hell, I was there and even I'M confused as to what happened and why.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby FN Newguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Update...a little late(been really busy). My attorney filed a motion for re-consideration of temporary spousal support and 50% of the minimum credit card which is a joint account. I am not responsible for the last 10 years of charges on that account. He also provided proof STBX lied on the stand to get that ruling. Judge denied motion. It appears we will have the same(female) judge and have a calendar call set for late Feb. I am in an apartment, ordered by the judge, and completely broke. I am not looking for sympathy but want to point out I have no social life(no problem...not there emotionally anyway), i can't afford cable or satellite TV. I go to work and come home and that's all I can afford to do. I sell blood plasma to make extra money. I work extra days to earn more at work but that will be used against me, showing I make more and can afford SS. STBX attorney recommended mediation. Not against it but I can't afford to pay a mediator $300-$450 at the end of a 2-3 hour session. I sent STBX an email requesting we discuss splitting assets, liabilities and investments ourselves. Took her 3 weeks to respond reluctantly agreeing. Saturday I sent her my proposal bcc'ing my attorney and asking her for a timely response. Offered her just barely over 50% of my investments. I also offered to be responsible for 70% of the liabilities. Offered nothing and did not mention SS. She would retain the house and refi before 6mos. Will update with outcome when I can. Divorce is not fair and when each party earns the same, somebody gets the screw job. In this case it's me.
FN Newguy
10+ Posts

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 am

OP, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Why would you have to pay SS if both parties earn the same?

Is an in-person meeting at a public place out of the question? Emailing her your proposal gives her ample time to sit, wait, speak with her girlfriends, attorney, develop new plan, etc. She may be steamed over affair, but wondering if you may be able to speak with her sensibly. Sometimes, a little understanding can go a long way. She may just hate you and want all out war, but maybe you can get her to understand the financial situation so she'll accept your proposal?
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby dad2grls » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 am

I don't get how you can't afford a mediator but you can afford an attorney?

I also think you need a bit of a reality check here. In many or most of your posts you say your wife is a "liar" and divorce isn't fair, and you're getting screwed and you're old and bitter.

Do you in any way accept responsibility for the situation that you are currently in because you cheated on your wife?

Because you ARE responsible for your situation, you have no one else to blame- not your "lying wife" or the unfair courts.

There's an irony in you calling her a liar, do you see it?

I'm really not trying to beat up on you- but as soon as you acknowledge your part in the miserable failure your life has become, you'll lose the victim mentality and start to work on fixing what's broken.
dad2grls
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum