R3 for withholding info

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

R3 for withholding info

Unread postby almst1414 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm

I've tried searching the forum for a good example, but was unable to find one.

Is there a good example for a R3 or any suggestions to request copies of information that School sends home or from activities such as games/recitals, etc be provided? Emails have been sent with no response and the information is being withheld.

I assume a simple sentence asking to provide the information, mention the emails and dates of the emails. Another sentence about the importance of us sharing this type of information. Anything else?
almst1414
50+ Posts

Re: R3 for withholding info

Unread postby gamingdad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Try a search for BIFF.
That should yield results.
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

If that doesn't work, try searching the forum for "daughter of Satan". That should pull up examples.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
I ♥ Disco

Unread postby RockyCali » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Also search for "Dear Daughter of Satan"
<on edit: Chaos beat me to it>
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

I would advise against doing that.

The information you want can be obtained by calling the school or whoever holds the events.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby almst1414 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:I would advise against doing that.

The information you want can be obtained by calling the school or whoever holds the events.

One item is the school picture proofs. They only send home one copy. She has mentioned wanting to modify and be the school/medical mailing address and I assumed the R3 might help in the future to show she is unwilling to forward any mailings/information.
almst1414
50+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:I would advise against doing that.

Yeah, better idea. I didn't really read the substance of the request.

Schools are used to having two households to send stuff to. From that end, you're not unique. They aren't always used to both parents being interested and involved. Make sure you aren't overly assertive, because they ARE used to parents sometimes bullying their way into kids' lives. Their interest is in protecting all of their students, and you'll raise the ire of every mama bear in that office if this is your approach.

Here's what you should do: stop by during office hours but AFTER school has let out and the buses have gone. It's the least busy/stressful time of day in the office. Mention who your children are and ask "what's the best way for me to get onto the email and mailing lists for <child(ren)>?" Have a copy of your divorce decree in a folder with you, but do not offer to provide it unless they require/request it. You just want to have it on hand in case they do. Your demeanor, and being able to politely provide a copy of the decree if needed, will go a million miles.

I'm sure you understand the need to have the decree on file. It's called FERPA (it's education's privacy regs). Children who have a parent or other family member who is not supposed to contact them could easily have their privacy compromised if not for this safety guard.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm

School pictures are available online.
a dad

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Online.

Better yet, take your own.

I hate how they send those sets home with the hopes of instilling an obligation to buy.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby a dad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 pm

I said the same thing last week, but in some schools they don't take your picture unless you order something, and I want my kids to participate.

If they send a pack home (which they only do at profitable schools), I scan the 8x10 and pass the pack on to mom.

If they don't send a pack home, or the pack doesn't include an non-watermarked 8x10, I order a lone 8x10 for $15, scan it, and send in on to mom, letting her know it's paid for.

Side note, their "digital HD copy" they try to sell, is worse than scanning an 8x10.
a dad

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum