New Judge assigned

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: New Judge assigned

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:
whatever_works wrote:I was led to believe that that isn't even an option.
Bad advice!! In this game, everything's an option.

Bottom line: It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings Bro, and your decree is signed by the judge.

Tom

Listen to Tom,
The thing I learned here is to push the court for what you want in the "best interest of the children".

You should be beating the drum in your motion about:

1. False DV charges by nj,
2. How the children are losing valuable time with your
3. And you how you are missing the children too and they growing up.

In your motion you should blame nj for everything like:

1. This court was mislead by nj (attach transcripts of false DV or filings).
2. This court err'd and grand temp time till trial.
3. Make sure you atty quotes case law and include language in case you need to appeal the decision.
4. Up the ante and ask for full custody, in light of false DV claims, as she is unable to foster positive meaningful relationship.

In all you need to be persistent and make sure the court understand you are NOT going away or keeping quiet. But be the victim in the courts eyes everyday and 2x on Sunday.

In MI one can sue his/her ex for false claims :mrgreen:
You should pursue civil and criminal remedy against nj, time it, say a day before the trial starts, so you can walk in and say that the DA is considering charges against nj.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am

Mom is mean to me isn't typically promoted here as a successful strategy.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby whatever_works » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am

grandet2 wrote:You should pursue civil and criminal remedy against nj

That is very interesting. I will speak to my lawyer and ask him to come up with reasons to file change of custody motions before the trial.

Criminal charges against the wife are out of the question. I already spoke to my criminal attorney about that and he said there is no way that can happen. But I can ask my divorce atty to file another motion - however unlikely it might be - to modify custody. I will say that I am tired of waiting. I just learned that I am going to have a court mandated "settlement conf" in a month with a different judge, and my trial will not be for another 6 months. I was under the impression that my trial date would be set for the next 3-6 months.

Thanks.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:57 am

Fatheroffour wrote:Mom is mean to me isn't typically promoted here as a successful strategy.

Thanks Trevor. I missed your post earlier because I was probably in the middle of typing my reply above.

I have made an appt with my attorney. I need to ask him about the judge change. He told me via email that the new judge is not good for us and not good for shared custody. I will ask him if we can request a change due to the earlier recusal.

I was also told that it would take 6 months for us to get a trial date and 6 more months for the final divorce to be written. Which will put us at the end of final school year for my older girl. This is what my wife has always been trying to do - to drag the divorce for 4 years. She gets to live in the house with kids while I pay the mortgage. She will also claim status quo for 3.5 years and ask that she get full custody because of that.

I will talk to my attorney about filing a motion to get me more parenting time (and less CS?). I would like to argue that kids are hurting and the original TO was written under different circumstances. My lawyer will probably tell me it won't work - just like he did before. Is there any way this could work?

I don't want to argue that mommy has been mean to me. Just that the court process is taking too long and my patience is running out.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 am

On rethinking this a little, I think I will wait for my new job to start in a couple of weeks. Then I will file for change of child support and ask for more parenting time. That way I will know the new job hours and how I can utilize more parenting time.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Are you saying there is no way to peruse state case history? Maybe it's not technologically convenient, or maybe you have to go to a major/capital city. But someway it HAS to be possible.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:02 pm

RockyCali wrote:Are you saying there is no way to peruse state case history? Maybe it's not technologically convenient, or maybe you have to go to a major/capital city. But someway it HAS to be possible.

That is my understanding. The court clerk said that they have set up ONE terminal for attorneys in Cambridge court and even that is not very popular right now.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum