Game plan. File now?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Game plan. File now?

Unread postby figuringitout » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 pm

After having numerous disagreements the last 6 mths, thestbx left the house tonight to stay with her sister. Not sure for how long. We've been married 15+ years. No kids. Have been Amazon sellers in business. Thank God now as have seen how narcissist she is. After the Nov election she became a super feminist and increasingly irrational. Before she left I saw where she was searching on "temporary restraining order" even though I've never hit or threatened her (other than raising my voice in what she calls mansplaining) which would freeze our assets. Likely will have to sell house as jointly owned, and live in Texas a community property state.
Thinking of filing in the morning where she doesnt have time to do this. As have read, its best to file early.
Have a recorder to use when she returns. Have been keeping a record of how she has acted irrationally last several mths. Any suggestions on what best information to in put in spreadsheet for pie charts to show a pattern of her behavior if needed? Have suggested that she needed to see a psychiatrist.
I need other action plans. Need to withdraw emergency money now or will judge view this as me taking unfair advantage?
Last edited by figuringitout on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Re: Game plan. File now?

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 pm

First take all the money, then file.

You will be accounting for every penny, and you are not to spend the money on anything but your attorney - but pay for an attorney.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby figuringitout » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks. See where she changed most passwords for accounts. Another life lesson.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am

You shouldn't need passwords or anything if you go directly to your bank to withdraw the funds.

Your best bet is to withdraw all funds from all joint accounts immediately. As Dr. Bart said, this is not for you to go hog wild with or anything, but to ensure that your STBX doesn't leave you penniless for your legal representation. As long as you are both joint owners on the accounts, you have every right to do this.

Open a new account at a different financial institution with you as the sole owner. Make sure you inform the banker opening the account of your situation and ensure he/she puts some notes on the account that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is anyone else allowed access to the account. Also, if your employer offers direct deposit, get that switched over ASAP as well.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby figuringitout » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am

Saw where she transferred money to an online bank account. Have no idea what password is. Will be going by local banks.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 pm

get her name off joint credit cards,
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby figuringitout » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Working on it. She changed the pwd for our Amazon account. Trying to see if I can get access.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby JimRockford » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Shut down any lines of credit! My ex tried to draw one down, days after it was closed.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts

Unread postby figuringitout » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Its tricky because we have several.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Closing all of them is tricky? How?

Banks don't like risk. You're getting a divorce. Zero bankers think that divorcing people have a stronger ability to pay than married ones or single ones.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum