Game plan. File now?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Game plan. File now?

Unread postby grandet2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Go to your credit union and open a low apr credit card in your name,
my local credit union has a 7% apr credit card. I got one just in case I have to carry a balance.

You have to build your war chest also and keep cash aside for rainy days and shut her out.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
50+ Posts

Unread postby figuringitout » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 am

We have alot of automatic payments with cards so has been tricky. Wanting to register a new business in my name only. If I do this now will it later be considered my own or do I need to wait till after divorce?
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm

figuringitout wrote:We have alot of automatic payments with cards so has been tricky. Wanting to register a new business in my name only. If I do this now will it later be considered my own or do I need to wait till after divorce?

ok, just stop large purchases then, you can set up in your CCs.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
50+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:42 pm

figuringitout wrote:We have alot of automatic payments with cards so has been tricky.

What a load of crap. Cancel them and pay online through your new checking account or with a new credit card. I've done this and it's a minor inconvenience. Start with a chart of your auto-payments, due dates and amounts. Then schedule the changes. Come on.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum