Strategy update question

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Strategy update question

Unread postby afc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 am

dofb wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
neighbors have informed me
That neighbor is evil, but the only thing worse than telling gossip is listening to gossip - and that's on you. It's even a commandment - thou shall not bear false witness. Do not let people tell you what the wife is doing, it is harmful to your case.

This was one of her friends that doesn't approve of what she's doing who told me this. Heck, even she has said that it's time that I protect myself and the kids.

Yeah, this friend loves to set little dramas in play and then watch the actors. We've seen this before. She is NOT doing this out of the kindness of her heart for you or the kids. She has her own beef with your STBX and you are just a means to an end
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 am

dofb wrote:That's what I have been thinking as well... but, there's the chance that I get sole custody. Lawyer and I have talked that having strangers come and go and the instability isn't in the best interest of the children. The way she talks to the children and she has behaved, this woman doesn't deserve them. Then again, I am biased.

Let's be very clear here, unless your STBX is banging strangers on the coffee table in front of your children then who she decides to spend her time with has 0 impact on her fitness as a parent in the eyes of the court. Attempting to pursue sole custody simply because your STBX is dating already is a waste of legal fees and not in your children's best interests IMO.
hoosier_dad

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am

Deserves got nothing to do with it- William Munny
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am

Two degrees of separation - you should not have contact with anyone who has contact with the wife (except the children).

Your neighbor will be reporting equally destructive issues to the mother about you.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum