Dating Before Divorce is Final

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Dating Before Divorce is Final

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:28 am

Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle , Morty. Rise above. Focus on science. -Rick
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby dofb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:55 pm

While I am not judging, I'd like to ask you if you have done any introspection? Will dating before all the dust is settled make you feel better? If so, why? Is it a codependence issue, an underlying self-esteem issue, or what? Take the time and discover yourself. Then, if you want to, you can find a companion - someone that adds more, but isn't necessary for happiness. If you desire sex, then try any one of the sites/apps available, but even that may be too soon. This is a trauma, and there's no point in trying to heal it by adding more. It's like going out to play through the pain when you have a concussion.
dofb
50+ Posts

Unread postby fireman4953 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:20 pm

I agree that waiting and giving you time to heal and rediscover yourself should come first and foremost. Casual sex with no strings attached could work if you can handle it emotionally. But rebounding is a recipe for disaster.
fireman4953
New

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum