Brother could be in trouble.

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Brother could be in trouble.

Unread postby JimRockford » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Buy a clue for the clueless?

The divorced seem to want to warn the married, however, some things are only learned through experience.

In 2012 when my situation was beginning it's slide toward the abyss, (at least that's when it become apparent to me) I had a friend that had just recently wrapped up his divorce telling me how he saw my situation. I was so sure that he was exaggerating points just looking for guys to join his new club, that I almost wrote him off as a friend. Looking back now, I see that his hindsight was spot on and to this day he remains one of my best friends.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:27 pm

afc wrote:And tell him what?

"Your wife is now behaving exactly how you want her to. She's employed, losing weight and jumping you. Dude, you should divorce her"

If she were really lining up dominoes, wouldnt she continue to be a sahm?

Question: Why did he sign up for the guard when he had doubts about his marriage?

Lol, that's exactly my problem (his problem?) I can't go saying that because even though my heart is in the right place, I am pretty much telling him to leave his wife. Bah....I don't know if a solution exists. Not trying to be dramatic but he's my brother you know?

If this blows up and he is out of state, how can he possibly prepare or manage his case from a distance? I've been around here long enough to know that proximity to the events is vital.

*Edit: Saw your question at the end. This has been in the works for quite some time now, before he knew his wife was unhappy. I served Active Duty Army but I guess for Air Guard it can take awhile for enough trainees to be assembled in each job classification for a training class to be formed and shipped out. He was sworn in quite awhile ago, and is now under contract.
MegaDad
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm

It's not a "beach" body she's exercising either.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:06 am

If your brother cant get another ship date, he is going to get royally screwed.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum