Wife's 4th Attorney just quit

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Wife's 4th Attorney just quit

Unread postby whatever_works » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:06 pm

big guy wrote:My guess is that you have 2 more years before a trial is done.

Wow thats a sobering comment. When I speak to my lawyer about all the delays, he disagrees. He thinks that we could be done by the end of this year. I think I will talk to him some more next week at the court.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby Bobby5000 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 pm

It's not two years but it will be some more time. What happens is kind of funny. The father may be furious about the delays, and find the courts do little. However, when the matter goes beyond their schedule, then there may be a try the case with or without counsel date.
Bobby5000
100+ Posts

Unread postby big guy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Have you done mediation, filled out your financial information, interogatories and depositions?

My lawyer said that I would be done within 6 months of my ex filing. He was wrong. it took almost another year to be done after 2 hearings and a two day custody trial.

You may have a ways to go yet.
big guy
1K+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 pm

big guy wrote:Have you done mediation, filled out your financial information, interogatories and depositions?

My lawyer said that I would be done within 6 months of my ex filing. He was wrong. it took almost another year to be done after 2 hearings and a two day custody trial.

You may have a ways to go yet.

Yes mediation was tried. We did the interrogatories and the financials. My lawyer has done my ex's depositions. Her lawyer postponed mine a couple of times and then forgot about it because my wife started this comprehensive proposal that can come any day now for the last four months.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Unread postby Bobby5000 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:30 pm

"My lawyer said that I would be done within 6 months of my ex filing. He was wrong. it took almost another year to be done after 2 hearings and a two day custody trial." Things tend to go on for a while when both lawyers are on an hourly, and the lawyers are getting paid.
Bobby5000
100+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 pm

She wants everything and the moon. The problem is that she got all that and more in the temporary order. I was stupid and stressed when this drama started. She has 100% custody, she has child support which is about 25-30% over state guideline. And she knows that she is not going to get all this in any settlement. So she just wants to drag it for as long as she can.

This sounds exactly like my situation. I got screwed with a Pendente Lite Temp Order that put me on the hook for all expenses and bill maintenance (About 10k/month)....meanwhile my yearly salary is about 120k (i.e 10k/month)...

Its been 1.5 years and stbx has no incentive to budge from her ridiculous claims and stances simply because she is comfortbale with the windfall Temp Order...she is on attorney #3 in my case because they all leave her once they realize that she is unreasonable....meanwhile im struggling to survive ....

my trial date is sep 12th...i can only hope it doesnt get moved but most likely will....
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am

I have been in this situation for 3 years and my trial date is in January. So I got you beat in misery points :-)

But I feel your pain. As for any advice, you just have to find a good lawyer and make sure he understands your pain. The lawyer has to be able to communicate your pain points to the judge at every opportunity.
whatever_works
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum