Question about starting of a divorce - signing papers

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Question about starting of a divorce - signing papers

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

man, ......... I'm not sure who's more frustrating to deal with.......my wife...or some of you guys.. no less a "moderator". Shame.

You didn't like my tone? Good. Mission accomplished.

It looks like you are slowing getting a grasp on things. When you have a better appreciation of reality post divorce maybe you can read this post of your again to better understand the contempt I, and I assume many others here, have for the idiocy you tried to assert here on this fathers forum.

jblue wrote:I would honestly never do that 50/50 thing. And I don't get why it exists. If i had the choice of getting him EOW or getting him HALF the time.... I'd do EOW unfortunately. I'd hate it....but I would never want him to be shipped around like that. How do you spend half the time one place...then half at the other. That sounds like a MESS for the kid. And unfortunately, I'd "rather" have him EOW in that case....for HIS sake. No matter how much I'd suffer

Good thing you are not a judge. You better hope you dont get one that holds the same view on 50/50 that you had this morning.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby jblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:16 pm

::yawn::
jblue
10+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Yeah, me too.

Have fun.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby astrolink » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I"m sorry OP, but you are brainwashed by the feminist dogma that that is pure < bovine scat > about custody and children.

The biggest problem you have is status quo has long been in place with you as a visitor to your child.

You need an attorney in your local jurisdiction to determine what the probable outcome of your case would be.
“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”
astrolink
500+ Posts

Unread postby Indiana44 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm

When dealing with my wife I thought about it, doing EOW, and how that would work. I'd get to pay her 1100 a month to watch my kids and put them to bed. Give them baths and tuck them in with a good book. This forum made me think wtf wouldn't i fight for that right? It's < bovine scat > she'd get that opportunity and I would pay her for it. Another man would obviously come along and be helping with that. ill spend whatever it takes to fight for more time. You can't buy that or get make up time. I couldn't live with myself not fighting for that.
Indiana44
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm

You're too green to comprehend all of what's being said here, and almost more importantly, why it's said the way it's said. You can't be on the porch with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy.

Your eyes are starting to open, and seeing that we advocate unapologetically for 50/50 with our kids. When you write stuff like you did in your early posts, we see a weak, uninformed capitulator. We don't suffer those types well here.

Now that you're getting it, somewhat, you need to drop the defensiveness and pay attention, and leave aside any girlish attitude toward posters who actually shook you awake. That discomfort you feel means we made our points and actually got you to think.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:33 pm

jblue wrote:According to my wife we fill these papers out first....
She's telling you one thing. Veterans here are telling you something very different.

Never lose sight of the fact we walked this road ahead of you. We know, with a great deal of certainty, what to expect. It's your call, Bro. Which will you believe??.....us??....or her??

Bottom line: Never take legal advice from your STBX. She's not your wife any more. In case you didn't know, she's setting you up for the kill.

Do not sign anything 'til you get a 50/50 parenting plan locked in. He may not know it yet, but your son is counting on you.

Remember, you get exactly one chance to get this right. In this game, there are no do-overs.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby DadWantsMore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 am

You've already been talked out of eow. Good. In case there were any lingering doubts you should know I did what you planned to do in a sense with me second divorce.

My first divorce I got the lawyer and my first ex and I sat down with my lawyer and I got 50/50 parenting time with 0 child support. Around kindergarten we adapted 50/50 custody to be 7/7. The younger years we traded daily until d seemed to be struggling with the exchanges. She is 10 and in a special school I'm my school district for gifted kids.

My second divorce my ex got the lawyer and I agreed to every other weekend so she could move to be with family. She is pregnant and engaged and her new man spends more time with my daughter than I do. I pay guideline support and I don't get to claim her on my taxes. My ex and I are civil but even so my daughter cries half the time when it's time to see me. The other night I face timed my daughter and she (3 years old) almost had to be forced to take the phone because she didn't want to stop what she was doing. And let's not forget that 4 nights a month is not enough time to have a real impact: my ex makes her something new if she doesn't like dinner and so she hardly eats any foods and I can barely get her to eat here. It's not enough time for me to teach if you don't like what you eat then too bad because sun nights she goes back to mommy and gets whatever she wants to eat. I have no control over how she turns out.

In my case when I turned to the forum I was told I'm pretty much screwed because to move I'd have to abandon my gifted daughter and she would have to leave schools. Just trying to make sure others don't make the same mistakes I did.
DadWantsMore
10+ Posts

Unread postby SoxFan1986 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am

Your soon to be exwife is being coached by the other divorced wife's. Listen to the guys here and get your own lawyer. I live in Florida (Gulf-West Coast) Budget $3K for uncontested retainer. If you don't have the money, borrow it from a friend or put it on your visa card. Think of it as a long-term investment. Little story, my lawyer asked me who gets to claim the child on taxes. I said, i didn't think of that. Got the MSA to state parents swap years on child dependent. That little item will help payback the upfront legal fee cost.
SoxFan1986
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum