Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:12 pm

You want the entanglement, I get it. This is about you wanting contact with her, you want to know she is thinking about you as much as you are thinking about her. How romantic.

But unless she asks for it between now and then, just put it in a box and wait out the period until the divorce is final.

The day after the divorce is final, mail the box to her last known address according to Court Records.
Volenti non fit injuria
User avatar
BartSimpson
20K Club
 
Posts: 25999
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby JustAboutOver » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Not really. Just want to move on and don't her stuff here. As for the taxes, that I do not know. The attorney to me to inform her, as I doubt she'd know that I'm filing married, separately. I have her stuff in an envelope. I'll just leave it like that for now.
JustAboutOver
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:37 pm

You came here expressing the concern that if you engage her, she will capsize the divorce.

Then don't engage her - nothing compels you to do so.

She doesn't give a crap about her stuff, or she would have done something about it. She is not waiting around for you to save her again, Captain.
Volenti non fit injuria
User avatar
BartSimpson
20K Club
 
Posts: 25999
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby Marlie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am

Make sure to find an attorney with experience dealing with High Earning divorces and has been trained to deal with High Conflict People, sounds like your wife is a HCP. I know of a good one in Houston TX, but not sure where you are located.
Marlie
New
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby JustAboutOver » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Slowly progressing through the court system for a Judge to sign. I have 3.5k left in my retainer, and everything is filed. There is nothing more left for this law firm to do. A few days ago I received a request for another re-up because I fell below the retainer agreement of 4k. One of the paralegals or interns called me and asked me about it. I said why would I re-up when the divorce has been settled and is on the Judges desk? She didn't know, but would get back to me. Said it could just be an mistake. Yet, this morning, received a reminder to pay the additional retainer. I think I've given this dude enough. Do I have to re-up?
JustAboutOver
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby JustAboutOver » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Marlie wrote:Make sure to find an attorney with experience dealing with High Earning divorces and has been trained to deal with High Conflict People, sounds like your wife is a HCP. I know of a good one in Houston TX, but not sure where you are located.


She's just depressed and upset with her life. Not my problem anymore. Once a Judge signs, we'll be officially divorced.
JustAboutOver
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 am

JustAboutOver wrote:Slowly progressing through the court system for a Judge to sign. I have 3.5k left in my retainer, and everything is filed. There is nothing more left for this law firm to do. A few days ago I received a request for another re-up because I fell below the retainer agreement of 4k. One of the paralegals or interns called me and asked me about it. I said why would I re-up when the divorce has been settled and is on the Judges desk? She didn't know, but would get back to me. Said it could just be an mistake. Yet, this morning, received a reminder to pay the additional retainer. I think I've given this dude enough. Do I have to re-up?


This doesn't make any sense, I would push back. You are asking yourself the right question. And even if he wanted to keep some sort of cushion as retainer, $3.5k is a lot - unless he charges $1000/hr.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
User avatar
lionel2013
1K+ Posts
 
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby JustAboutOver » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:03 pm

lionel2013 wrote:
JustAboutOver wrote:Slowly progressing through the court system for a Judge to sign. I have 3.5k left in my retainer, and everything is filed. There is nothing more left for this law firm to do. A few days ago I received a request for another re-up because I fell below the retainer agreement of 4k. One of the paralegals or interns called me and asked me about it. I said why would I re-up when the divorce has been settled and is on the Judges desk? She didn't know, but would get back to me. Said it could just be an mistake. Yet, this morning, received a reminder to pay the additional retainer. I think I've given this dude enough. Do I have to re-up?


This doesn't make any sense, I would push back. You are asking yourself the right question. And even if he wanted to keep some sort of cushion as retainer, $3.5k is a lot - unless he charges $1000/hr.


I am, but no updates. Very strange. These lawyers are just horrible. Greedy money grubbing pigs.
JustAboutOver
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby Havalu7 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Not all pigs are money grubbing:-)
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
User avatar
Havalu7
1K+ Posts
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Marriage fell apart, it seems divorce is the only answer

Unread postby JustAboutOver » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Need some advice here... It's been almost three months, and the Judge has yet to sign the papers. The lawyers paralegal says they've been calling, however, no one has given them an estimation on when the divorce papers will be signed by the Judge. She also stated she has several uncontested divorces back from August still waiting to be signed by the Judge. I called the Judge's clerk, but she refused to speak to me since I have a lawyer. This is getting to be insane. Anyone else hear of this BS?
JustAboutOver
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests