Move out or make her go

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby xfitizacult82 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:49 pm

So I get home from the gym and my wife says she needs a break and just rolls out. I ask where she's going and says idk. I wait about an hour and call. She says she's at a book store and chastises me for calling. Fkn excuse me. Psycho stuff
xfitizacult82
50+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Where are the kids?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby xfitizacult82 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:02 pm

They're with me. Now keep in mind she was out nearly the entire early morning running errands. And this isn't the first time she has left. Before twice packing her bags leaving the kids with me.
xfitizacult82
50+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Perspective.

She is helping you.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby xfitizacult82 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:43 pm

No doubt. If she ever challenges me on custody or anything related to the kids I can def site instances where this has happened. I just don't know another dude that would deal with stuff like this and not think twice. Not really my problem I get it but still. Unreal.
xfitizacult82
50+ Posts

Unread postby steelmark » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:34 am

xfitizacult82 wrote:So I get home from the gym and my wife says she needs a break and just rolls out. I ask where she's going and says idk. I wait about an hour and call. She says she's at a book store and chastises me for calling. Fkn excuse me. Psycho stuff

Old habits die hard.

Who cares where she is, it's bonus parenting time for you brother. Change your view on this.

I had an attorney retained and I was still doing my EX's laundry (what in the actual F!). You are getting divorced, you no longer have obligations as a spouse, you only have obligations as a parent now.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BetterOff » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:39 am

xfitizacult82 wrote:For some reason my wife wanted to wait until after the holidays for anything or any move to be made. I think that's weird. Before she wanted to just end stuff fast and then she cares about family holidays? Psycho tendencies.

Mine said the same thing. SHE LIED!
Do not move out of your house.
BetterOff
500+ Posts

Unread postby SKD » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Here's how things could shake out if you don't take control...

You're served with the standard temporary restraining order at your place of work at 4:45pm.

You arrive home to discover STBX and the kids are gone, along with whatever valuable property STBX could move in the time she knew you'd be away.

During the time before the first hearing (for temporary orders), your contact with the kids is whatever STBX allows, probably none.

When you get to court, perhaps with an attorney you found in a rush, the judge grants you some time with the kids, whatever's standard for your circumstances, and gives you two weeks to vacate the marital residence since the kids are "temporarily" spending more time with the STBX and rightfully belong in their own home. You're ordered to continue paying your share of the bills there while the case is pending, standard child support, and perhaps some additional "spousal support" so she can continue to feed her attorney while all this is going on.

Already down a few thousand dollars, you're suddenly looking for a new place to live, while at the same time trying to maintain a relationship with your kids. In your free time you'll be gathering the mountains of information your attorney needs.

When it's all said and done, your parenting time with the kids is what the judge granted at the temporary hearing (as anything else would be admitting a mistake), and your ex comes away with half of the assets acquired during the marriage.

Anyway you slice it, it's going to be unpleasant. Times five if your on defense from start to finish.

Do you really think she won't do anything about her pending divorce until after the holidays? I wouldn't bet on it.
SKD
100+ Posts

Unread postby Campfire » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:00 pm

xfitizacult82 wrote:No doubt. If she ever challenges me on custody or anything related to the kids I can def site instances where this has happened. I just don't know another dude that would deal with stuff like this and not think twice. Not really my problem I get it but still. Unreal.

You really don't know your audience here.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby thedepths » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am

xfitizacult82 wrote:No doubt. If she ever challenges me on custody or anything related to the kids I can def site instances where this has happened. I just don't know another dude that would deal with stuff like this and not think twice. Not really my problem I get it but still. Unreal.

I see a lot of myself in your posts. Wasting energy on trying to figure out how "another guy" could put up with this. The thing is, it really shouldn't matter to us. It's just we are searching for a way to justify our feelings of them leaving. But you ARE right, it's not your problem.
thedepths
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum