Move out or make her go

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby kirkpatrick » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Definitely get your money into your private account NOW!!!!. Take all the money( she would and will if you give her the chance) and let the court divide it up..Cancel all Credit cards while your at it..You must stop funding her!!!! You better get a storage locker and get your valuables out of the house. Do this when she's at work.. :mrgreen:


If she hasn't filed, you do and file for exclusive use of the house and temporary custody of the kids.

Jr.
kirkpatrick
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby Campfire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Good question. You take all of it. You don't spend it, though. You are taking it and putting it in an account that is verifiable to prevent the dissipation of marital assets. A side benefit is that you remove funds from her war chest.

How are you doing with your financial austerity plan? Divorce is very expensive. If you don't want to pay for it after divorce, do not pay for it now. Cancel the gym memberships, cable TV, Internet, etc. Cancel all of it.

Who pays for Wifey's cellphone? Cancel it. Joint credit cards? Immediately put a freeze on them.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374


The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby kirkpatrick » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Campfire wrote:Good question. You take all of it. You don't spend it, though. You are taking it and putting it in an account that is verifiable to prevent the dissipation of marital assets. A side benefit is that you remove funds from her war chest.

How are you doing with your financial austerity plan? Divorce is very expensive. If you don't want to pay for it after divorce, do not pay for it now. Cancel the gym memberships, cable TV, Internet, etc. Cancel all of it.

Who pays for Wifey's cellphone? Cancel it. Joint credit cards? Immediately put a freeze on them.


2 thumbs up!!! You must get control over all finances now. Wifey will not have to pay the lawyer you will get too, after the divorce. You on the other hand will have to pay up front.

Jr.
kirkpatrick
100+ Posts
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby Fightforwhatsright » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Sidebar.....How often during a full-blown "final hearing" - like divorce, when a stbx files a motion for the other spouse to pay all their court costs, does that actually end up happening? Even if evidence/documentation exists that the stbx had access to "plenty" (subjective, I know) of funds after the separation date?

Or is the answer what I think it is, depends on the state, exact circumstances, etc?
Fightforwhatsright
10+ Posts
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Rarely.

Usually the court orders a token amount.

Which is why 99% of attorneys require a retainer up front.
Volenti non fit injuria
User avatar
BartSimpson
20K Club
 
Posts: 26783
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby Campfire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:54 am

Fightforwhatsright wrote:Sidebar.....How often during a full-blown "final hearing" - like divorce, when a stbx files a motion for the other spouse to pay all their court costs, does that actually end up happening? Even if evidence/documentation exists that the stbx had access to "plenty" (subjective, I know) of funds after the separation date?

Or is the answer what I think it is, depends on the state, exact circumstances, etc?



My Ex asked for $35k. She was awarded $5k. I only paid $2.5k in the final decree. Even court ordered attorney fees are negotiable after the fact.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374


The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby Campfire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:01 am

kirkpatrick wrote:Definitely get your money into your private account NOW!!!!. Take all the money( she would and will if you give her the chance) and let the court divide it up..Cancel all Credit cards while your at it..You must stop funding her!!!! You better get a storage locker and get your valuables out of the house. Do this when she's at work.. :mrgreen:


If she hasn't filed, you do and file for exclusive use of the house and temporary custody of the kids.

Jr.



Just a point of clarification. Don't cancel any credit cards in your name only. You need those.

You will be unable to cancel joint cards that have a balance but you can freeze the account from incurring additional charges. You will not be able to cancel her cards. If any of her creditors get a sniff of a possible bankruptcy, they will likely freeze her cards. That applies to you too so don't throw around the "B" word. My Ex shot herself in the foot that way.

For the majority of the proceedings, my Ex had access to none of the marital wealth. That fact was brought up numerous times to the judge and the judge simply didn't care after I showed the money wasn't being dissipated.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374


The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby xfitizacult82 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:11 pm

For some reason my wife wanted to wait until after the holidays for anything or any move to be made. I think that's weird. Before she wanted to just end stuff fast and then she cares about family holidays? Psycho tendencies.
xfitizacult82
50+ Posts
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Who cares what she wants? Women are funny like that - they control the narrative with these little devices, like waiting for after the holidays.

For decades, the first business week after New Years is usually the busiest for divorce lawyers.

The reason she is waiting is because she is going to raise holy war against you, which is awkward for the holidays. It's tough when Daddy can't come around anymore.

Which brand of recorder did you get today?
Volenti non fit injuria
User avatar
BartSimpson
20K Club
 
Posts: 26783
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Move out or make her go

Unread postby JimRockford » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:22 pm

I waited from when I decided to pull the trigger, until after the Holidays. Looking back, all I did was add four unnecessary months to this process. One caveat, to that, if you are still not sure if you have the right attorney, that is a legitimate reason to wait.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests