How can i change 60/40 to 50/50 custody

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

How can i change 60/40 to 50/50 custody

Postby Liverpool4evr » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Since last November it's been 60/40 to her since I'm down South and they think all men are incapable of taking care of a baby. Since then I've been having her 45% to 50% of the time.

My daughter is now 20 months old and I'm wondering, am I stuck with this until she's 18? Can I ever modify and seek 50/50?
100+ Posts
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: How can i change 60/40 to 50/50 custody

Postby lohe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

First step, I would think, would be to document the fact that you've been having her close to 50% anyways.
Then ask that the courts change what is already happening (after it's been happening for 3-6 months) to be the official parenting time plan.
1K+ Posts
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dad_with_custody, Tom Kirkpatrick and 26 guests