BIGAMY!! Divorce case NOT finalized, almost two years....

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

BIGAMY!! Divorce case NOT finalized, almost two years....

Postby lovingdaddy0209 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:30 pm

(TEXAS) My divorce case has been going on for almost two years now. My wife is VERY difficult and somewhat crazy. She assualted me during spring break in front of our children. (LONG STORY). Police were involved but did NOT write a report. We have two beautiful children (boy 6 and girl 3). My son witnessed everything and even talked about it after. I have been NOTHING but cooperative in this divorce case but she has been nothing but difficult and because of her this divorce is still NOT finalized. We have both been intimately involved with other people for over a year now. It has come to my attention that she recently got re-re-remarried back in December 2011 and we arent legally divorced yet. Apparently, In Texas an offense such as bigamy is a third degree felony! I do NOT have an attorney but she does. We almost finalized this past May but she refused the final decree and insists that the Morality clause be put back into the decree. SHES REREREMARRIED! How is this applicable?! HELP!
lovingdaddy0209
10+ Posts

Re: BIGAMY!! Divorce case NOT finalized, almost two years...

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 pm

If she's married, she's within the morality clause! Shes tryin to keep you from getting married! Or dating!
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Sounds like she has a problem letting go!
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby Groundhogday » Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm

lovingdaddy0209 wrote: We almost finalized this past May but she refused the final decree and insists that the Morality clause be put back into the decree. SHES REREREMARRIED! How is this applicable?! HELP!

With no fault divorce, you can proceed even if she refuses to sign. So what exactly is a "morality clause?"
Groundhogday
50+ Posts

Postby lovingdaddy0209 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Morality Clause - The parents agree that no unrelated person of the
opposite sex with whom the parent is involved in an intimate relationship shall spend the
night when the children are in the parent's care.

Technically since we are still LEGALLY married, her other marriage is VOID but still considered BIGAMY! I'm positive she will and can get in trouble for that. Anyway, whenever we divorce she still has to wait 30 days till she can remarry and within those 30 days her "NEW" husband still cant spend the night with the children are in her care. She definitely has a problem... i dont know if its letting go but she has a problem with me! She uses OUR kids against me and i cant stand that!
lovingdaddy0209
10+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I was simply stating where her heads at! No way will it work out for her! But, if she is never charged with bigamy, she will never pay for it! Family court will not charge her, it's a criminal offense! It won't get much milage in family court unless she is charged! Not sure if then!
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby lovingdaddy0209 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks! I'll look into that.
lovingdaddy0209
10+ Posts

Postby Groundhogday » Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 pm

lovingdaddy0209 wrote:Morality Clause - The parents agree that no unrelated person of the
opposite sex with whom the parent is involved in an intimate relationship shall spend the
night when the children are in the parent's care.

Technically since we are still LEGALLY married, her other marriage is VOID but still considered BIGAMY! I'm positive she will and can get in trouble for that. Anyway, whenever we divorce she still has to wait 30 days till she can remarry and within those 30 days her "NEW" husband still cant spend the night with the children are in her care. She definitely has a problem... i dont know if its letting go but she has a problem with me! She uses OUR kids against me and i cant stand that!

There is no way I would ever accept such a clause, nor do I think she can make you accept such a clause. I can't imagine a judge ever including that clause in a decree.

My STBX tried to get a bunch of nonsense inserted into our temporary orders and I just refused.
Groundhogday
50+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 pm

It's pretty standard wording!
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby lovingdaddy0209 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I guess Im going to have to report her bigamy offense to the police station since its a criminal offense. Hopefully, she gets charged and we can use this information in court. I also want to have temporary custody of the children until she seeks psychological evaluation and anger management! I wrote a letter to the judge. I dont know what else I can do. Im going to call the judges office tomorrow to see if they received my letter.
lovingdaddy0209
10+ Posts

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum