Been on here for awhile, I have gotten a lot of advice and need some again. Wife voluntarilly moved out Jan 1, and lives in a house her parent bought, Alcohol and depression issues with her, I have been working this and have a marital agreement with her, and she seems to be stalling, she is not paying rent, and is broke, and I have and will maintain marital house, kids s19, s16 and d12, are with me 75% of the time for the minors, and things have fallen into place.
She is stalling on the mariage agreement, and I have done the following; please advise, again we have not filed. She works 2 days a week and could earn 85k if imputed full time, I make 90K as a accounting consultant, with periods of unemployment due to ecomony over last few years, averaging about 70K per year the last 3 years.
1) cell phone - In her name, and for her call in hospital industry, does not get paid for cell, but gets paid to be on call, kids piggy back off that, I have paid for years, but with her out, I gave her bill, and she balked, and I will take care of kids if she defalts, but not paying anymore.
2) Car insurance- I have her on my plan and I have paid through the seperation, and my agent now says since the policy is up for renewal, and she does not reside in the marital house, she should be excluded, so i adviced her, as of next friday she or the car are not covered, and she needs title from me, which I will sign over, in exchange for registration and license plate, to make sure she does not drive without coverage, and I submittied form to DMV advising of ownership transfer.
3) I have a life insurance policy for 500k, which was for when the kids were younger, but to cut costs, and save $100 a month, i want to cancel policy with her as beneficiary and get a 100K policy and name a relative as beneficiary.
4) she does carry health insurance for family, but cannot take me off until divorced or new enrollment next jan 1.
5) I pay 100% for investment property, she is 1/2 owner as its aginst home equity on main house, and I pay the interest each month.
She is dragging her feet, and I want to cut her off from 1-3 above asap, do you see any issues/ again we have not filed, but she has been out for over 4 months. My portion far exceeds what she pays, and she knows that she will ahve to pony up. If this does not get her attention, then its time to file and I should go for primary custody.