Wife denies contact with kids HELP

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Wife denies contact with kids HELP

Postby Drewf77 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 am

My wife will not let me contact my two boys. We was a resident in missouri and was going to move back to Tn. But before that happened I got arrested in missouri for a old warrent in Tn. That was one reason we was coming back to Tn. Was to take care of that issue. I got extradited to Tn. And during my incarceration (6 months) my wife keep saying she was there for me and she loved me and was coming to see me soon. But as soon as I got released I done what I supposed to do which was contact my family! But she ignores all attempts of that by changing her number twice and keeps blocking me on Facebook so I can't send messages this has been going on for a week and she won't let me have contact with my boys what are my rights in this situation we are still married?
Drewf77
First Post

Re: Wife denies contact with kids HELP

Postby afc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:16 am

what was the warrant for?

Anything that would have an argument for endangering the kids?
afc
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:24 am

1) Until something is filed with the court her keeping the kids from you is a non-issue as far as the courts are concerned.

2) Until something is filed with the courts, you both have equal rights to the children.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby afc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 am

#2 doesn't really help if he cant find them
afc
1K+ Posts

Postby Navistar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:29 am

until you file for divorce she can hide the kids all she wants. do you plan to divorce?
Navistar
1K+ Posts

Postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

I realize this is a tough time for you. But nevertheless, you've gotta come up with a game plan.

BTW - Sounds to me like your wife is ten steps ahead of you. You'd best prepare accordingly.

Tom
"When you stay ready, you won’t hafta get ready." Russell Wilson, Seahawks QB

"I'm a great housekeeper. When I get divorced, I always keep the house." Zsa Zsa Gabor
Tom Kirkpatrick
1K+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum