Advice: gonna have to represent myself at PO hearing JAN20th

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Advice: gonna have to represent myself at PO hearing JAN20th

Postby GA_DevastatedDad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 am

Don't have an attorney and apparently legal services can only help the woman if she comes in so bottom line is unless I come up with $750 I have to represent myself. No attorney will even make a payment plan with me. one went down to seven fifty but still wanted that up front which i don't < edited > have .......
So since I will be doing this myself I want ed to start asking advice about this my first questions are about ways and motions of having this PO dismissed. She tells several Obvious lies in the petition fron the beginning. including Saying a divorce had been filed for....She filed for the divorce two weeks after filing for the PO. and there is an outstanding case pend where it is "alleged" I broke the boy friends Jaw NOV 1st.---yes we are still married and no there was no formal separation filed for until the divorce DEC 30th. So can I get the PO dismissed. She is only filing it to gain some sort of advantage because I caught her in a affair with a married man. Whom I told his wife. Anyway what are ways I can get the domestic order dropped I believe she lied and said in the petition that she had filed for divorce but in actuality she hadn't filed for it yet. so since she lied on the petition can it be dismissed. If not tell me other examples of ways to get it dismissed. And she's still sleeping with the other married man even now. is there any thing I can do here I witsh there was a way to make her pay for my attorney . Id you have read my post hear or in the finances section you know what I am talking about. Some one help give me you opinion I am in GA
GA_DevastatedDad
100+ Posts

Re: Advice: gonna have to represent myself at PO hearing JAN

Postby BartSimpson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

Frankly, you screwed yourself when you hit the boyfriend.

And In a half-dozen threads you have mentioned this with a childish glee.

Piling onto this was telling the boyfriend's wife, which was nothing more than revenge.

$750? Sell blood, sperm, furnishings, appliances - but without an attorney, and with a history of irrational and violent behavior that a PO is exactly intended to address, this one is going to stick.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Max » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 am

Not good to get in an assault situation with the boyfriend. But until it's confessed in a written statement or gone to the court and been proven, then it's "alleged". I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket alone. But it's a small (very small) piece to the overall puzzle.
Max
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 am

Anyway what are ways I can get the domestic order dropped I believe she lied and said in the petition that she had filed for divorce but in actuality she hadn't filed for it yet. so since she lied on the petition can it be dismissed.

Not sufficient reason because you have not proved it was a lie. I know in your mind you are convinced otherwise, but it assumes facts not in evidence. Even if it was a lie I'm not sure it would get dismissed because of it.

For instance, it is entirely plausible that she had already been to her attorney, filled out the paperwork and was under the assumption divorce had been filed when she filed for the PO.

This PO is a big, big deal. If it's upheld it puts you behind on at least 4 factors judges are to consider when determining custody.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby GA_DevastatedDad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:21 pm

@ Bart Simpson OK so I make no alleged apologizes for allegedly hitting the boyfriend But I would like to clear the alleged record up on the incident in question......
the Married boyfriend was hit this in self defense. I had already confronted the two for the affair when I came to the house unexpectedly and they were was there. At that time I left the house because I felt it was a bad scenario with my child present, for an altercation. I later found out that the guy was married and that my wife knew he was married (she confessed this). so yes about three weeks later, I did tell his wife once I found out who she was. She thanked me. now as for the rest about he was pissed that I told his wife and we had an argument. then about three weeks after that listen to this carefully ok ... nov1st my wife called & texted me 23 times insisting that she need to pick up our son even though this was not our normal day to exchange him I finally answered and went to exchange him with her at our agreed upon location. She when I go there my son got out of the car then i noticed the guy also in her car that when I opened the door to call him(my son back) as I went to grab my son he(married boyfriend) got out of the car and approached me at this time I stopped and glanced him over for weapons and I told him I knew he must have a weapon and to stay back. Instead he continued to advance and I again stepped back and made an analysis over the whole situation. <they called me here, this is a trap, how can I get me and my son out , he must have a weapon, he knows he can't actually win this) so only answer is he must have a weapon> with this logical line of thought when he went to strike me I react in the most appropriate manner....by neutralizing the situation. this took about 90 seconds too happen. now I will give you some facts you don't know about.
1) her phone records show she contacted or attempted to contact me 23 time on this day I only spoke to her twice.
2) phone records will show 7:10 I say I am not coming it's to late7:14 she calls and texts she rally needs him 7:16 i finally call her and said i would come. 7:20 i answered told her i dont see the car she said drive over towards her 7:23 he tripped and fell 911emergancy 7:23 911emergancynow the records will show the calls I just provided you with the dialogue.
now in her police report she stated that I called her to come get my son. not true records for that day show that she call me as early as 5:27a.m. and continued to call all day long
3)I have audio tape of her meeting me the day after the alleged incident and there she says she don't know why she brought him but he wanted to come and that when she got there he said he was gonna show her "I ain't afraid of your husband"
yes that's on tape. WOW okay
4)last thing the reason I am convinced he had a weapon. the guy stand maybe 6-1 200 wet... I stand 6'7" 325 well trained in hand to hand and hand to knife combat Marine veteran, Army veteran. yes I am in shape and it's not round. So why would you assault me unless you have a weapon. It isn't logical. If I was going to assault him I would have done that when I first found out about the affair. but I did not so why would I do it a month later.
the only thing I did wrong was leave the scene. remember all this is allegedly :)
GA_DevastatedDad
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't think the Rambo stay at home dad schtick is going to play well for you.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby GA_DevastatedDad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 pm

So coming to court in uniform is not the best idea huh.. well I will leave my dress blues and the MMA tryout video at home that day
GA_DevastatedDad
100+ Posts

Postby GA_DevastatedDad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 pm

so How many and what are the Factors the judge considers when deciding on custody.
GA_DevastatedDad
100+ Posts

Postby BartSimpson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

20 to 30 years from now, you will look back and see how that single moment, that single decision, changed your life permanently. January 20th is just the beginning.

So, were you in the Army and then joined the Marines?
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Particularly pertinent that you may wish to prepare for is

The judge shall consider the perpetrator's history of causing physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or causing reasonable fear of physical harm, bodily injury, or assault to another person;

Hopefully, the altercation was worth it. It's going to be hard to shake throughout the entire process.
Fatheroffour

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum