Developing the status quo?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Developing the status quo?

Postby AlmostSingle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:31 am

I know that I should have started this when things started getting rough, but I need to develop the status quo for my case. The problem is she has moved out and taken the kids with her. I plan to file an emergency order to get them back to the house, or at a minimum keep them in the same county.
I have read in a few seperate posts here that I should start documenting my parenting time and establish a case before I file. Can I file for the emergency order without filling for divorce?
I have also read about the importance of filling first. It's a matter of when she is going to file, not if. I would like to beat her on to the punch on this one.
How should I apporach this?
AlmostSingle
500+ Posts

Re: Developing the status quo?

Postby Lawrence » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm

In your initial filling you will include temporary orders in context of contended issues. Assuring you have a reasonable and detailed temporary parenting plan included sets the precedent for which you seek.
Last edited by Lawrence on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What has been Seen, Cannot be Un-Seen!
Lawrence
1K+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum