Lessons Learned - Before and During

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Lessons Learned - Before and During

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Basements are nice and quiet for sleeping....

drew what is keeping you from moving back knowing that you will be benefitting your kids (biological and others?)? It should be easier for you knowing that you will have a voice recorder going 24-7 around her so that excuse or reason is eliminated. Have you read through the threads and seen the chaos and monetary hell you are facing, let alone not being there for the kiddos? I am a newbie here but I can tell you that it may seem rough at first; but get back in the house and play the long game at the very least for the kids. The folks on this forum will help you through every battle step by step if you are willing to take the advice.

Keep your head up and get back in there (your house) as there is a war to fight!

I might also add that you should start your own thread and one day soon hopefully you will be posting to new guys here how you got back in the game and hopefully kept the house, and didn't loose out on any more time with the kiddos!
”Even a word is an action.” Vaclav Havel
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby CatcherInRye » Fri May 20, 2016 8:42 am

In my case I had a job change early separation where I was paying $800/mos. to have wife on the policy. all the support calculation sheets did not take this into account. Separation dragged on for 2.5 years. Should have immediately filed and gotten a trial date(missed a window and hit a local surge where dates were about a year out). $9600 mistake.
CatcherInRye
50+ Posts

Unread postby Terry » Wed May 25, 2016 6:26 am

great post, i found a lot of helpful
Terry
10+ Posts

Unread postby bionic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:54 pm

When actively involved with the court, or the child support agency, you will receive mailings and correspondence. Do open this mail immediately. Be sure to respond to these documents as they are often time sensitive!

Why is this important? When we are beat down by the process it can bring about incredible anxiety to see an official envelope in the mailbox. I have stared at an unopened letter for days and weeks fearing to read its contents lest it ruin a perfectly good mood. Lesson learned don't put it off! Open your mail.
bionic
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum