This Woman is Insane

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: This Woman is Insane

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:12 am

brother, this isn't too complicated. Remove any source of money for the mother, she is to be self sustaining to support herself and children post divorce. Any bills you need to pay for you, you pay for. Any bills for the family/household she pays (not from money you give her).

If it is for her, she pays for it or not (not your concern.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Thank you. Think I got it...
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 pm

I'd like to begin thinking about a parenting plan strategy for my settlement. Here are the details:

*I am a regional sales manager and travel moderately for work. I am home office-based when I am not traveling.
*STBX works four days a week from a remote office.
*STBX originally proposed a 7/7 plan in her original divorce petition, trading every Wednesday. I rejected this idea, as my travel is most often during the middle of the week.
*STBX will reject whatever is in my best interest to try to stick it to me. She would love to see me either not be able to accommodate a 50/50 split due to my travel, giving her a larger share of custody, or have to leave my job for one with less travel to accommodate a split. I would leave my job for one with less travel before I would give up 50/50 - is this something I need to begin planning for?

Any advice for what I should be seeking for a plan?
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Euronymous wrote:I'd like to begin thinking about a parenting plan strategy for my settlement. Here are the details:

*I am a regional sales manager and travel moderately for work. I am home office-based when I am not traveling.
*STBX works four days a week from a remote office.
*STBX originally proposed a 7/7 plan in her original divorce petition, trading every Wednesday. I rejected this idea, as my travel is most often during the middle of the week.
*STBX will reject whatever is in my best interest to try to stick it to me. She would love to see me either not be able to accommodate a 50/50 split due to my travel, giving her a larger share of custody, or have to leave my job for one with less travel to accommodate a split. I would leave my job for one with less travel before I would give up 50/50 - is this something I need to begin planning for?

Any advice for what I should be seeking for a plan?

Don't mention anything about travel now, heck even spread the word you have switched roles.
Agree on 50/50 custody and then figure out a split based on mutual work schedule. Make it sound like you are doing her a favor and working around her work schedule. Make sure you exercise 50% time the first few years.
You need to plan on travel based on custody for now, assume you will be in town for those days bro.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Should I also consider an arrangement proposal other than 7/7?
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby 133pm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 pm

What kind of schedule would you like to have?

7/7 seems like a good kind of schedule for 13 year old kids because it means fewer transitions and it’s 50/50.
133pm
10+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 pm

STBX just sent a hostile and threatening email to our entire immediate and extended family showing her proposed child support worksheet, which reveals my earnings and other financials that I consider to be highly confidential. This can effect inheritances, loans and other matters that are forthcoming. I am very upset about this and decided to forward this to my attorney for his counsel. STBX also send a revised parenting plan (to me and our entire immediate and extended family) that shows me getting kids THU - SUN every other week and is now upstairs telling the kids that this is the new arrangement.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh, and there is a mixup with our kids' dental insurance and at the end of last week STBX sent more hostile emails to the HR manager of my new employer. Even though she has been warned in writing to not contact my employer directly, she has done this on numerous occasions now and it's gotten to the point where I got a call from my manager on Friday about it. Should I sit on this or should this be something I make my attorney aware of? STBX would love to get me fired, and if she succeeds I'm not sure maintenance would be enough to offset the opportunity I have with my new company.
Last edited by Euronymous on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Is she barred from doing that in your current orders?
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Euronymous » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:24 pm

She is not explicitly barred from continuing to harass my current employer in the initial hearing order. However, my attorney sent a letter to STBX on 12/1 advising her that if her continued harassment leads to loss of job that she would be paying maintenance.
Euronymous
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum