Is it ok to start dating?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Is it ok to start dating?

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am

wseyller wrote:This girl that I am talking to I knew from 10 years ago and just we just by some miracle found each other

Runner-up for the dumbest sentence posted so far this month. There are no miracles involved. Either you were trolling social media for chicks you wished you had banged in high school, or she was the one doing the trolling. We see this every day, son. You are prey to a predator and don;t yet know it, and will likely get defensive about the idea.
wseyller wrote:it has been hard to resist because I know this person and had some feelings from before.

"Feelings" emanating from your crotch, no doubt.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby a dad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Well I'm a-runnin' down the road tryin' to loosen my load,
I've got seven women on my mind.
Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me,
One says she's a friend of mine.
a dad

Unread postby wseyller » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Trevor wrote:
wseyller wrote:This girl that I am talking to I knew from 10 years ago and just we just by some miracle found each other

Runner-up for the dumbest sentence posted so far this month. There are no miracles involved. Either you were trolling social media for chicks you wished you had banged in high school, or she was the one doing the trolling. We see this every day, son. You are prey to a predator and don;t yet know it, and will likely get defensive about the idea.
wseyller wrote:it has been hard to resist because I know this person and had some feelings from before.

"Feelings" emanating from your crotch, no doubt.

That's funny and I get it but no.

Think I will calm it down and just be friends with this woman for now. It works well for us. I am happy even for that. She has help me in many ways that I could never repay.
wseyller
New

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:40 pm

predator
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Watch what happens when your wife sees a relationship (any relationship) between you and this (or any) woman, through the keyhole view of social media or the gossipmongers in your social circles. Doesn't matter if she is blowing all the young guys in town regularly. She is going to explode on your < hindquarters >. She will see nothing hypocritical about the danger you pose to the kids by dating, while she slings her crotch all over town. She will have no shame about this dichotomy.

You want to "calm it down" in your life? Stop it completely and tell her if she's still open to friendship in a couple years that you'll look her up.

This happens all the time. Sack up and deal with your life on your own until the ink is dry on your final divorce papers for a year.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 pm

I like salty trevor
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 pm

OP ditch the social media and live in the real world. As the gents here said it has MANY bad implications that can harm you.

I was with a friend who was looking at Fakebook and I remembered being in a group that had a certain pet breed and commenting on someone's pet whom I had never met, never will meet, might not want to ever meet; yet I was wasting my valuable time and brain cells on a some far away persons cute little schmoopie pie cat or dog. I know it's kind of a rabbit hole but if you are on social media the gang here will tell you over and over just like not moving out; get off social media and live in the real.

Heck once you get thru this tough time instead of living in the fake networks; you too can become a highly paid volunteer here and help new and confused guys just like I was and you seem to be a about dating.

Wait at least one year.

Get off social media and Fakebook, POF, and whatever else the heck you and Raggie are on.

Don't move out if you are still in same place.

Have a thick skin here and you will get thru this.

Best to ya!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chasbo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 pm

BTW the biggest issue here is your moron wife letting your son go on the back of the guys motorcycle.

I ride daily and have for 20 years. And it's not safe pursuit. Your kid should not be exposed to that danger.
Chasbo
2.5K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum