Upcoming KY divorce--Questions??

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Upcoming KY divorce--Questions??

Unread postby _ProudPoppa_ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:02 pm

A quick update-- tomorrow I have a consultation with an attorney who is an American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers "Super Lawyer". Does anyone have any experience with an attorney with this designation? He's the local chapter president of the AAML (the same group that represented Tiger Woods). He has 30 years of experience and now only focuses on family law. Not sure when he switched to only family law.

I'll post back tomorrow after the meeting, but any feedback in the meantime is appreciated.
_ProudPoppa_
10+ Posts

Unread postby FlyGuySLO » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm

My attorneys in CA were designated "Super Lawyers" based on the plaques all over their walls. It didn't prevent me from being frustrated with them and realizing the truth we hear all the time:

You pay for what you get.

If you're a cash cow client then they will be at your beck and call.

IMNSHO, that "Super Lawyer" rating, or whatever it is, is another self congratulatory award cooked up within the industry and probably has more to do with the lawyer's standing within the professional community than as an indication of service to their clients.

I'm willing to be wrong so I'll let the elders of the forum offer their opinions.
FlyGuySLO
100+ Posts

Unread postby _ProudPoppa_ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm

After looking over some older posts it seems like the consensus on here is that AAML doesn't really carry that much weight. Something like a group they all pay dues into and congratulate each other. That lawyers office called me to cancel my consult due to some emergency he was having, so I never got to meet with him. Oh well, I have two more consults set up, then I'm gonna pick one and get this showboat rolling
_ProudPoppa_
10+ Posts

Unread postby _ProudPoppa_ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 pm

I got great news today!! I met with my Cordell attorney for a consultation...

I told her how Stbx was threatening me with EOW screw job... And the attorney laughed!! She said that is rediculous and where did she get that from? I said from her attorney. My attorney replied that She knows and worked with him before, and he would never say something like that. That he is reasonable. And that our county is very progressive with 50/50 custody. I could barely contain myself. Anyways, I mentioned all the other ways I'm involved with D1, and she said it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, to echo the advice on this board, she said I should go ahead and file. I'm meeting with a known bulldog male attorney next week, then it's ON!!!

I didn't know who else to tell this to, and I knew you guys would appreciate the situation. I'm pumped!!! Thanks again to everyone for the advice. It's really keeping me afloat the last few weeks. I would be a mess without this board!!!!
_ProudPoppa_
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum