A NoMad question

Discussions from before 2005.

A NoMad question

Unread postby Bob » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:10 am

You usually turn me down on these kinds of questions, but I thought of this today when my windows reminded me that the email I was sending could be seen by others on the interent.

Of course, my immediate assumption is my stbx can see it. Is it difficult to get software to monitor someone's email, or do you have to be some computer expert.

I don't want to do anything illegal, mind you. <cough>
Bob

Re: A NoMad question

Unread postby NoMAD » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 am

It absolutely does NOT take an expert to monitor someones internet activity.

All it takes is initiative.

If she has the inititiative to go to:

http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/Spe ... index.html

and click the "buy now" (download) button....

Then she has access to 100% of everything you do on the computer. It's really just that easy. All she has to do is take 5 or 10 minutes to read the on screen instructions and it's extremely easy.

There are others that are somewhat more difficult to set up that allow total remote control of another's network and devices such as webcams etc.
Sub <cough> 7
is one of the more popular of the <cough>, but you can LEGALLY install spyware such as that found at www.spectorsoft.com on any computer within your residence.

▒▲▲▲▲▲▒
«N☻MAD»
▒—☼—☼—▒
NoMAD

Unread postby No·MAD » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:42 am

I should clarify...
If you are living seperately and she does not have access to your computer then you are safe.
Just make sure you download this to make certain you don't have any spyware on the machine:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/securit ... about.mspx

Don't download it if you are considering downloading SpectorPro, because it will likely cause problems.

Funny that I had posted all this the other day, but it was deemed "off topic" and deleted.
No·MAD

Re:Is this the software

Unread postby Kia » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:54 pm

that can follow an email you have sent to someone and then follow where they send it? Thanks!
Kia

Re:Is this the software

Unread postby No·MAD » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:39 pm

No. That would be www.readnotify.com
No·MAD

Unread postby Bob » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:55 pm

Kia, I think readnotify.com is if YOU send the email. Not her. Of course, I guess she could access it remotely if she knows your account #.

No-Mad, thanks for the info. She's not living here, so I guess I am safe. A computer friend also recommended to me the McAfee UnInstaller, which upon your command says it will eliminate anything you've done in your session and "shred" it seven times, making it unrecoverable in case your computer gets called into court.

Seems to be working...
Bob

Return to Archives