Good Advice for < parenting time >

Discussions from before 2005.

Good Advice for < parenting time >

Unread postby HP » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:10 pm

I quote this because I retrieved it from my Reference Book that was written by a lawyer....

"State laws should include the following when determining parenting time and custody of children:

Health and safety of the child
Prior involvement of each parent
Cost of transportation
Period of time, such as summer vacation and hilidays
What to do about missed parenting time
Available time of child, parents, school schedule
Distance to travel
Age of the child(ren)
Time with siblings
Desirability of the child spending time with any person related by consanguinity or affinity
All other relative matters

States should have laws that ensure non-custodial parents access to medical, dental, school and other confidential records pertaining to their children"

This was written by a lawyer. The last statement has no meaning to it. There is a Federal Law that states both parents have access to a childs medical and school records unless there is a court order that deems different. Federal as we all know, go above and beyond state laws.

The only thing is...... the only way that laws and the way the court system change have all the ability to do so........... if you step up and speak out. You need to advocate to change laws and the ways the court works. You can sit on the discussion boards all day and night but the law makers aren't reading them........

Just a little advice.

HP
HP

Re: Good Advice for < parenting time >

Unread postby Lawmoe » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:55 am

Thanks for the lecture. I am sure the good gentlemen of this board are well aware of that.
Lawmoe

Re: Good Advice for < parenting time >

Unread postby divdad » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:58 am

the all 'other matters' opens the door to further discussion for lawmakers.
This fortifies the proposition twofold.;

1. The argurment is percived as objective, as there's always room for debate so, the topics and asserations are more credible.

2. That being said, billing hours are always available, whomever may be footing the bill. Typically some faceless victim, generally male & often displaced by the system, therfore a viable victim, (predators know who their victims may be).

Being on the board is cruicial, this develops fellowship, certainly a positive step in overthrowing the anarchy and regressive txation bought on by the system.

just some observations and my 2 cents, after CS errrr....adult support.

Have a good day everyone!
divdad

Return to Archives