Back CS

Discussions from before 2005.

Back CS

Unread postby Janice » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:52 pm

How do I go about collecting back CS from my x-husband when he claims he cant afford the court ordered amount? He owes me $1600 a month for my three children and is self employed in construction and says he hasnt made as much this year as last year, last year being the first year after our divorce. He only pays $1300 plus spousal which only goes for a total of five years, but Im trying to get that changed to life time as Ive been a good wife. I also inherited a large sum of money this year when my father died and my x thinks that should go towards reducing his support to me and my children. What should I do with this selfsih idiot? I really am amazed at his attitude. No wonder I divorced him. We were married 8 1/2 years. I also am in school training to be an RN, and he was ordered to pay for most of my schooling which he has done, but he had to sell a bunch of his belongings plus his truck to do it. He never stops complaining about that too.

Janice
Janice

Re: Back CS

Unread postby Pete-last hurrah! » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:12 pm

What should I do with this selfsih idiot?

Look in the mirror. What do you see?

Too bad he is not more than a checkbook to you, and hopefully he is more than that to the kids.

Alimony...no chance on lifetime.

CS...if he made less he could likely modify and pay less.

And yes. Your inheritance should go to reduce his child support as it is the right thing to do.

Entitlement is the 8th sin.

Wrong website to post on, that is for sure.

This will likely be the nicest reply you get.
Pete-last hurrah!

Unread postby Whatevs123 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:15 pm

Fascinating post by Janice......this is going to be entertaining......
Whatevs123

Unread postby raf in OR » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:26 pm

It's fake
raf in OR

Unread postby Whatevs123 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:30 pm

What's the point of a fake post? How lame can you get?

Lils
Whatevs123

Unread postby brein » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:37 pm

"...owes ME $1600 a month for MY three children..."

"...only pays $1300 plus spousal..."

me, me, me, me, my, my, my, my.....

I normally keep quiet and just read this board. I don't post much. I read, ti find people that have situations similar to mine, I asked some pointed questions when I want some pointed answers. I really really try to stay out of the trash because I don't want to get caught up in it.

But some of these leaches lately, posting on a FATHER'S site, have just put a kink in my craw...

Suggestion: MAYBE the support is too much. Maybe, just maybe, this amount is not feasible.

I believe in child SUPPORT. What I don't believe in is child INCOME. What I also DON'T believe in is "indentured servitude". What I don't believe in is using children as tools to control and hold someone hostage because you are mad at them!

Life is tough, Janice. Get over it! How about trying to come out to an agreement with your ex that you, him, and your kids can ALL live with? Quit trying to be such and overlord!

sorry for my rants lately. I'll go back to my normal quiet mode.
brein

Unread postby HP » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:57 am

Fake or not fake, I'm sure this situation has risen in someones household.

Correct. If he did not make as much money, he would likley get it reduced. But doesn't that only happen if its a significant change like 30%? I know in my state, that is the only way it will change.

However, if she gets a huge amount of cash, it will not affect his child support in any way. She can become a millionaire and his child support would still have to be paid.

And she does have the right to say "my" child support. If he has fallen behind, technically the children have been cared for so it is money owed to her.

Besides that, if the mother cashes the child support check and spends it on her college books, child support will still see it as the children had food, a bed and a nice warm home.

If you have two twenty dollar bills. One came from your employer and the other from a child support check. You go and spend it on you, which $20 bill is the $20 bill that goes to your children? Both. Because I'm sure you paid your rent with the other, in which your kids live with you and that means that THEIR rent was paid as well.

It drives me nuts to see these men on here saying the money is for the "children". Should women take their child support checks and go on shopping sprees for clothes every month? Buy them a refridgerator just specifically for the "children" to only eat out of? Make them walk because we shouldn't use our support checks for gas in our cars, or insurance premiums? Men have it all backwards.
HP

Unread postby nuke » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:06 am

You both need to get lost, this isn't a phorum for whiny women who can't take care of the kids they brought into this world without sponging off of someone else.

The problem I have with CS is that I contribute 1200/mo to the care of my children (allegedly). My former spouse earns 0$/year and lives off of my child support.

Even if she didn't, in a fair world she should earn enough money to pay for HER home (I pay for mine, and would gladly have my kids live in it), HER bills (as I do mine), and whatever else she needs/wants and STILL have an extra 1200 for the kids, just like I do. I still have to have a place for my kids, toys for them when they visit, entertain them when they visit, etc. I do all of this and STILL CONTRIBUTE 1200/month for their care. So yes, I think that any woman who takes money from the father (and acts entitled to it) when she can't set aside the same amount exclusively for them, is a lazy, greedy, POS excuse for a mother.
nuke

Unread postby Pete » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:19 am

Not every father here is your ex HP, or "justcause" or "sickofbeingtrashed" or whatever you decide to call yourself....

Just because your ex does not seem to care, does not mean these father's on this board do not.

Do your research and read all of the posts by Bolivar, Rah, Nuke, Kahuna, No Mad, Home Dad, Co Dad, fighting dad, David GS, Josh and more...

read those posts and tell me these fathers did not care about their kids.

None of them would deny their children the support needed, but all of them were and are fighting women like you who feel "entitled" to everything.

It is a shame your ex does not want to be involved, but that is an issue for another board, or another thread.

Either way, either try to help those who post, or beat it. This site is dadsdivorce.com

"Entitlement is the 8th deadly sin"
Pete

Unread postby Kia » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:51 am

Hp and Janice <edited for content> what is your major malfunction? Take at look at reality through the not so rose colored glasses of a NCP dad trying to carry 2 households on his back.Could you do it w/out having a heart attack or nervous breakdown? These are archaic laws that need to be changed and so are your uneducated views on the "rights" you have and the best interest of the children.get a life!
Kia

Next

Return to Archives