can i do anything?

Discussions from before 2005.

can i do anything?

Unread postby rich » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:05 pm

well here it is.... been divorced for 2 yrs.. got equity in house amount of 12200 dollars. ex wife hasnt used the 9500 in support payments i made her last year to pay mortage...... house is going into forceclosure and i dont have the 4000 dollars to make amends to the bank etc etc .... nor do i have the 750 dollars to give my attny to filke a contempt action against her........ so, do I do nothing or is there another path im not seeing here that all you kind sirs and ma'ams know about? help me out here......thanx
rich

Re: can i do anything?

Unread postby Pete » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:08 pm

If house is in foreclosure, only way to stop it is to pay the arrears. Sorry.

If your wife got the house, why is your name still on it? I would have made her refinance in her own name.

Sorry I don't have any solutions to offer...
Pete

Unread postby Onyx » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:29 am

I had to sign a quit claim deed when they awarded the house to my ex. Why didnt they do something like that for you? I thought it was standard procedure.... maury? What about this? Blessings, Onyx
Onyx

Unread postby Pete » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:18 am

Quit claim deed absolves owneship, but if the house is not refinanced to remove the former owner, the former owner can be sought for payment.
Pete

Unread postby Keith » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:38 pm

Pete is right the mortgage company can still come after you. The best thing you can do is ask to make arrangements they will be happy to recieve any amount . Then take her back to court and ask for attorney fees. Then he either ask the judge to have her refinace the loan sell it
Keith

Return to Archives