can i do anything?

Discussions from before 2005.

can i do anything?

Unread postby rich » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:05 pm

well here it is.... been divorced for 2 yrs.. got equity in house amount of 12200 dollars. ex wife hasnt used the 9500 in support payments i made her last year to pay mortage...... house is going into forceclosure and i dont have the 4000 dollars to make amends to the bank etc etc .... nor do i have the 750 dollars to give my attny to filke a contempt action against her........ so, do I do nothing or is there another path im not seeing here that all you kind sirs and ma'ams know about? help me out here......thanx

Re: can i do anything?

Unread postby Pete » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:08 pm

If house is in foreclosure, only way to stop it is to pay the arrears. Sorry.

If your wife got the house, why is your name still on it? I would have made her refinance in her own name.

Sorry I don't have any solutions to offer...

Re: can i do anything?

Unread postby Onyx » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:29 am

I had to sign a quit claim deed when they awarded the house to my ex. Why didnt they do something like that for you? I thought it was standard procedure.... maury? What about this? Blessings, Onyx

Re: can i do anything?

Unread postby Pete » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:18 am

Quit claim deed absolves owneship, but if the house is not refinanced to remove the former owner, the former owner can be sought for payment.

Re: can i do anything?

Unread postby Keith » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:38 pm

Pete is right the mortgage company can still come after you. The best thing you can do is ask to make arrangements they will be happy to recieve any amount . Then take her back to court and ask for attorney fees. Then he either ask the judge to have her refinace the loan sell it

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests