Failure to take advantage of, or capitalize on, an opportuni

Discussions from before 2005.

Failure to take advantage of, or capitalize on, an opportuni

Unread postby OH Father » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Please Explain,

.....take advantage of, or capitalize on, an opportunity.

Someone please explain what opportunities they have come across that have given them an advantage.

My STBX does alot of thing but ubless it's a pattern of behavior, I'm not sure what to capitalize on.

Some real life examples of what opportunities are there to take advantage of would be helpful for all.

[%sig%]
OH Father

Re: Failure to take advantage of, or capitalize on, an oppor

Unread postby kahuna » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:34 am

An example in my case involved obtaining medical records. Nutjob is so addicted to Demerol and other prescription drugs that she will actually go through surgeries about every 4 months just to get drugs. Her most recent stunt was going out of state for surgery so I couldn't get the records. The surgery was about a month before our final trial date. She had been telling the psychologist that she had been clean for months and that she planned on having this surgery done without narcotics. This was an opportunity to prove she was still lying about her addiction and drug use, and the fact that it was so close to trial meant a lot.

I almost didn't attempt to get the records, figuring that I had 10 years of addiction proof and that should be enough. I was really getting sick of hunting down records and was just plain exhausted.

Well, it took me all of about 2 hours to locate the hospital and get records faxed to me. Of course they showed that she was on another 6 day drug binge while in the hospital. When the psychologist took the stand in our trial, she said that it was a key piece of evidence to prove that nutjob is still a drug-addicted liar. I got custody.
kahuna

Re: Failure to take advantage of, or capitalize on, an oppor

Unread postby nuke » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:34 am

Another example:

your stbx "needs time to think" and moves out of your house, leaving the kids. Instead of filing for divorce, exclusive use of the marital home, and temporary custody of the kids, you wait until she returns "to see if you can work it out" AND let her move back in. She then sues you for divorce, changes the locks on the house so you have nowhere to live, has temporary custody, etc. A woman who takes the step of moving out on her kids has ALREADY decided to leave, if she returns it is to get leverage/money.
nuke

Return to Archives