insane wife

Discussions from before 2005.

insane wife

Unread postby a brothers friend » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:03 pm

I have a question,And i hope some-one can answer it for me.
Man in military two children,Wife has been in the state nut house.Can she get custody of the kids?With her being clinically insane?Help!!!!!
a brothers friend

Re: insane wife

Unread postby DecentDad » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:07 pm

If she's institutionalized, she won't get custody.

If she has previously been institutionalized, but has shown that she has long been stable due to past and/or current treatment that she's followed, then it may not be too relevant.

The court will want to see which home promises the most stability for the children, in addition to assessing if the parent in that home is an average (or better) parent.

If father is in the military, currently in combat for an unknown period (or about to deploy), the father probably won't get custody at this time.

If father is in combat, and if mother is institutionalized, some other family member better step in right now for temporary custody, else the kids may become wards of the state until father returns and petitions for permanent custody.

Best,
DD
DecentDad

Unread postby brothers sister » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:28 pm

He has shore duty,Home every night,Comes home from work,cleans house and makes dinner.She takes meds,then when she starts to feel better she stops taking them,goes on a nut.blames all her problems on everyone else,then takes her meds again,until she feels better,then does it all over again.She has run his whole family off,won't let his sister or nephew at there house.His parents go see him and they have to stay at a motel because of her...She got mad at him,so she decided that she was going to ruin something of his.HIS BIKE!So she let the youngest son on this advebture,Showing him Its ok to ruin stuff when your mad.Theres a good mom for ya.
brothers sister

Unread postby DecentDad » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:38 pm

If I'm reading it correctly, mom and dad still live together.

Given what you've written, dad may have a decent shot at getting custody, IF he plans it all out from the beginning and understands the course that he'll need to take.

He needs to educate himself on how family law works and what steps he needs to take.

First and foremost, he needs to start documenting her threatening behavior, preferably in ways that would be indisputable evidence in court (e.g., video tape, audio recordings, etc).

He needs to gear up for a custody fight.

No offense intended to you-- if you mean well on his behalf-- but he needs to be the one posting here (or elsewhere, or talking with a good attorney), not you.

Best,
DD
DecentDad

Unread postby bill » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:16 pm

As long as she hasn't murdered anyone.........in the last six months, she will receive custody.

[%sig%]
bill

Unread postby DecentDad » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:32 pm

Self-serving, sarcastic remarks such as these don't benefit anyone, especially an individual sincerely looking for help.

Many fathers have been granted custody of their children due to the mother's instability. Some fathers on this board could attest to that.

DD
DecentDad

Unread postby Lawmoe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:47 pm

Not a chance. She can't care for herself, she certainly would not be adjudged in a position to care for children.
Lawmoe

Unread postby bill » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:15 pm

You are totally correct. I wasn't thinking when I wrote it. I fought my tail off to gain custody of my kids and I'm still bitter about losing them to a mother that would hit, kick, spit and swear at them daily. She even admitted hitting them, but the courts felt she was better for them because she's "mom". I wish all these men luck with keeping custody of their there kids.
bill

Unread postby brothers sister » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:22 am

Well she has gone on a nut again,once just before christmas,and then on saturday,and no-one does anything,just tells her to take her meds,any suggestions on how a family member can go about getting temporary custody of the kids until dad decides to get his head out of his < hindquarters > and realizes that this isnt the right way for kids to be raised/brought up..
brothers sister

Return to Archives