Measuring time taken

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Measuring time taken

Unread postby quantum » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 pm

I need to measure time elapsed for dropingp my D4 to daycare from home. And then how long it takes to go to work from daycare.

How to do this in realtime? I use android and have google maps for gps. I have not tried this but if I drive with gps on, will I be able to export the actual time elapsed along with the timing info?
Moving forward with distress behind!
quantum
1K+ Posts

Re: Measuring time taken

Unread postby LovingDadof2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Google maps provides an estimated arrival time that you could screen shot if simplicity is what you are after?

For a more detailed answer, there are plenty of free GPS trackers you can download from the Google Play store (sure same in ios). Simply toggle on/off for trip. Almost all include an export function that will include a timestamp so you can determine time. Of course travel time can be manipulated (driving slow, longer route, etc.) if you prefer a longer travel time.

Curious why you need to document travel time?
LovingDadof2
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Why would you need that?
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby ib536 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

You could try an App called Everlance. It's a travel tracking app that uses gps to track your route, departure and arrival times, along with start/stop addresses. It will export data to an Excel spreadsheet. It's mainly geared towards Uber and Lyft drivers for tax deduction purposes. But I use it to track my drive times and mileage for work-related trips to use for my expense reports. You can also set it to immediately track your travel as soon as your phone senses it's moving (at road speeds).

There is a free function to it (which works fine for me - 25 trips per month), or a pay option for full capacity of the app.

I'm sure there are plenty of other apps available you could use, this just happens to be the one I use.
ib536
50+ Posts

Return to Technology and Divorce