Please recommend a video camera

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Re: Please recommend a video camera

Unread postby Involved_Father_Of_2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm all for it. In reality it's impossible.
Involved_Father_Of_2
100+ Posts

Unread postby KennyMcCormick » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:35 pm

2EZ wrote:We speak Turkish at home 100% so I will have a problem to play back audio to LEO at the curb anyways. This is for the court if/when it comes to it. Video would be in addition to audio as additional evidence against false accusations.

The beloved-ex (stbx at the time) and myself spoke another language at home. Still the officer listened to my audio recorder for few minutes, asked me few questions, and then he was done.

On my recorder you could hear the beloved-ex going on and on and on and on ...... you could also hear me comforting the child and trying to put the child to sleep. I was not exchanging any words with the beloved-ex.

The good news is that foreigners find English foul language more attractive than their own. lol ... So, unless your beloved-ex doesn't speak English at all, I am sure she will use some colorful English words in the middle of Turkish sentences to degrade you.

StoryTime: My time at home was 100% spent with the child. So, when the child was up, I was always talking and playing with the child. When the child was sleep and ex started picking a fight, I would seek refuge in the child's room or my office while talking to myself (for the recorder) in English. I basically, verbalized what I was doing. I also did things that would have distinctive sound; like typing on computer's keyboard. Please note that I knew the beloved-ex was advised to claim DV and it was matter of when and not if. So, I continuously polished my procedure and get better at it as the time passed.

Best of luck,

Kenny
KennyMcCormick
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Involved_Father_Of_2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Kenny and that's exactly what I'm trying to do when I'm home even though my STBX and her parents who moved in do everything to make me uncomfortable.
Involved_Father_Of_2
100+ Posts

Unread postby AlienAbductionDAD » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:08 pm

BartSimpson wrote:How will you play back the video when you are standing at the curb, next to the patrol car?

Contrary to forum advice against recording with a cell phone (because it'll be the first casulty of war) I bought three used phones identical to mine and used them as decoys and also for recording.

The day that the police arrived at my house and had me spread-eagle on the hood of the patrol car, I calmly suggested that they talk to NJ first and then I'll show you my video of the incident when you're done with her.

The video kept me out of jail and NJ moved out of the house a few days later.

The same video also helped during the court ordered custody evaluation because of NJ's behavior.
AlienAbductionDAD
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Technology and Divorce