being recorded

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

being recorded

Unread postby RealityCheck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:50 am

From what I am reading, I dont think there is anything I can do about this but.....

Ex recording me and the kids. It normally comes out when she gets angry with something, like the kids are running behind, I wont agree to something etc. Anything I can do?
RealityCheck
New

Re: being recorded

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:59 am

Be pleasant?

I think she's actually doing you a favor. She's reminding you to stay calm.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 am

Something I hadn't mentioned on the forum is that up until my round two in court my ex was also recording me.

I just laugh about it, its not admissible as evidence, all she ends up with is a useless recording of me being superdad and being non aggressive.

There was a time even that I had gotten out of work and decided to run up to the kids school to get some info and the new key code to the door. She just happened to be going to their school too and ended up driving right behind me the whole way there. I could see her in the rearview mirror taking pictures of me and frantically talking to someone on the phone, you could see her rage (how dare he goes to the kids school on my parenting time!!!) lol. I had a good laugh about it, I mean all she did was took pictures of me driving to the kids school. Thanks for proving FOR ME that I am actively involved in the kids school lol
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby RealityCheck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:04 am

sorry I wasnt clear. The main issue is that it is ALWAYS when kids are present. At times I remark, "wow, we must be that important" But, normally, try to not acknowledge. The kids are embarrassed and ashamed when this happens. I am positive her response would be "It shows you not letting the kids leave", or whatever she wishes to blame on me next.

The bottom line being it is horrible for the kids. And there is nothing that I can do to protect them.
RealityCheck
New

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:08 am

Im sorry but there is nothing you can do, you cant control her or what she does or says.

You need to remain calm, collected and be a badass superdad.

Don't make comments to her or the kids about it either, just let it be. Eventually she will figure out that what she is recording is useless.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 am

Seems what you are saying is that when she comes to pick up the kids for her parenting time that the kids are often not yet ready.

Indeed, if true, then you are part of the problem. You need to teach the kids the importance of punctuality because if you don't, then the boss that is surely going to fire them will. And, along the way, you are making your life more complicated, enabling your kids to be lazy and irresponsibe, and making a parent miss part of her parenting time.

You need to fix this, if I am even partly correct.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby RealityCheck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:17 am

If only that were the case Trevor!!

It is weird Psycho things like, she brings them over unannounced to "get what they forgot" because she does not pick up. The children then do not want to leave, and they hug, and talk and talk in the driveway. All the while she sits in her car, in the street and records. Making no attempt to parent the children.

I absolutely (the recordings will show) tell them, ok, you have your things she is waiting. However, it then becomes she is acting weird why why why.
RealityCheck
New

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:06 am

Im confused by what you mean by all that.

It don't make any sense.

She don't pick up the kids? Someone else does? Because of that they forget some of their things? Then she brings them over later unannounced to get those things they forgot? Who do they talk and talk and talk to in the driveway? Then they don't want to leave your place? While this is going on she sits in the car and records? Not sure what you mean by her not parenting while this is going on.

The way im interpreting this is she brings them over to get the things they forgot and while they are there they are having convo's with themselves, or you or someone but then don't want to leave your place after gathering their things. While this is going on she just sits in her car and records. Am I close?
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby RealityCheck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:25 am

:) close sorry

Yes, she will bring children over unannounced (not a problem) the kids come in. Normally I am doing something and cant drop everything to shew them out.

When I get around, kids get what they want , I walk them out and she is sitting phone up recording. Kids are slooooow hugging, talking.

Mom will occasionally yell, "Please return the kids I need to leave" not always. While recording and sitting in car.

Kids will drag it out saying "Mom is acting weird, why is she doing that"

Aside from physically picking them up and shoving them in the car, I hurry them along. Normally I have things going on. Most recently, I was going to go for a bike ride, so I continued to say, OK, I want to go for a ride, you have to get going. Again mom doing nothing to help but record.
RealityCheck
New

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:39 am

Do you super dadness and forget it. You can't reason with crazy.

Maybe she found your goat and realize it bothers you, who can say why they do what they do. DGAF more.

Point being. Just keep doing good and nothing will come of it.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Next

Return to Technology and Divorce