being recorded

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Re: being recorded

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:48 am

Ok that makes more sense. This is how I would handle all that.

1. Her bringing the kids over to get the things they forgot is a good thing because you get to see the kids again and you didn't have to lift a finger. It being unannounced is annoying and rude but brush that off.

2. Don't rush the kids out. If they want to be slow in getting the move on no big deal, its just more time for you to interact with them. If mom wants to rush them then she can do that but you don't have to, you are under no obligation to rush them back to their mother.

3. When the kids say things like that just shrug and smile at them, tell them you love them and to have a great time with mom and then remind little Johnny to not forget to brush his teeth before bed and remind little Sally to not forget about her class project that is due next Tuesday and if she needs any help to give you a call so you can help her with it.

I do agree with Trevor on teaching the kids to be punctual and prepared but at the same time we are talking about kids, things will be forgotten and things they didn't want when they left they suddenly want when they are gone.
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby RealityCheck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 am

I agree Trevor.

I guess my main goal in this question was to stop the madness. It is this nonsense that kids see, and react to dumb actions. When you are demeaning dad enough to record him, yell at him out of the car window to 'return the kids'. Kids are embarrassed and ashamed of what is going on. Who in there right mind thinks, "Ah yes now if I record this, I will make the kids even happier"

I
RealityCheck
New

Unread postby afc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:57 am

Divorce isnt about making kids happy.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 am

She found your goat and she took it. Never let her know where you tie up your goat.

She got you wrapped all around the axle. You need to turn your DGAF meter down to zero.

When you are finally able to see things at 10,000 feet you will then realize that what she says and does means nothing and what you say and do means everything.
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:29 am

Phoenix853 wrote:Do you super dadness and forget it. You can't reason with crazy.

Maybe she found your goat and realize it bothers you, who can say why they do what they do. DGAF more.

Point being. Just keep doing good and nothing will come of it.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby TeamAwesome » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:58 pm

She brought them to you. Unannounced or planned. Take all the time you want! Extra time! Let it stretch out for 1/2 an hour or even an hour if you want to. She wants to leave, let her round them up, bet she wont record that part. Just have YOUR recorder going!
TeamAwesome
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Technology and Divorce