What are the BOT responses all about?

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

What are the BOT responses all about?

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Bart or tech_admin could you please explain to us less than techies what the BOT responses are all about?

Thanks for all of the great info!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Re: What are the BOT responses all about?

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:04 pm

You mean the filters for naughty words, or the Bobby5000?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Bobby5000
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 pm

I see the BOT tags sometimes when looking at other forums too...when you look at who is viewing you see the different BOT titles.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Crawler programs cataloging every byte of the internet.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Do you know how to check someone's posting history?

If you select their profile, then their user posts, you should go back to that members first couple of posts and see what they are saying when they first got here. It's one of the reasons we ask what State someone resides in very early, so the veterans can go back and check without wading through a ton of posts. One of the transitions from apprentice to journeyman member here is when you start checking the posting history before you reply - and I'm sure you've seen examples where we ask what's different than, say, 6 months ago when an OP asked the same question.

The Bobby5000 is really somewhat of mystery - for several years the content was very anti-lawyer, and highly repetitive and robotic. There was a period where the poster was more human, actually addressing the issue in the thread, but it seems to have reverted back to the original script.

There was an admission of being a woman, but that was later disputed.

The Bobby5000 is pretty harmless, so what the heck.

As for the BOT descriptor, the search engines crawl the site to index the content, and I think you are referencing those. I use the stealth skin that doesn't have much of that in it, so I'm not watching whose on-line.

Are you stepping up your game? Another thing the Veterans do is google the odd user names to make sure the new member isn't using something identifiable, some folks use the same user name for all their various forums . . . and dating sites! It hasn't happened in awhile, but we get guys here using a unique handle, and the first search return on their user name is Plenty of Fish or some other dating site.

Oh wait. I guess it just happened - wanna tell the newbie to change her name?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes Sir! Use the OP history often. The Bobby5000 posts were hmmmmm, interesting.

I did out of curiosity check out one of the dating sites and it was scary..... Never really had a problem meeting women but don't need to do that now. One STBX woman is too much right now as it is!

I have stepped up my game and am taking this very seriously; learning from others mistakes and successes. It is humbling and with gratitude that I see that others have it much worse than me.... and I don't wear the victim mentality around my neck. I picked er!

I also did some of the research on the Orange site and also more Smart recovery (good stuff). I was also fascinated by the NPD sites, BPD, and try to look for any of these red flags in myself and try to correct them.

I also researched some of the men's forums etc like No More Mr. Nice Guy. This is still my go to forum and its been a long time since I let the unread posts go over one page. It's cool to see how much I have learned and applied to my situation since I first came on the ship. I am grateful for the wisdom...daily!
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:49 pm

Actually I wasn't talking about you dating, I was pointing to the new member's name, in the thread you just posted in.

It resolves to a woman on POF in the same location as the member.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Havalu7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Gotcha. I also saw the thread about the one on Reddit too. Ya cant get much past you FOF or Ohiogal!

I just checked and I used a similar handle on the Smart site too. That would fall under LLIS, lessons learned information shared.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Your latest post.....although I do agree with the good Dr that you seem to be harmless....
Bobby5000 wrote:First, I wish good luck and this is a tough process, I am not sure I understand what is going on. You want to play a large part in your child's life and seek joint custody- makes sense. Yet you indicate later that you want to live in the home and apparently have primary custody. You suggest you have nuclear missiles but I am sure what they are. It sounds like you are angry at her- is this a scenario of unfaithfulness and your eagerness to prevent divorce. Undoubtedly you can find a new tougher lawyer but what that will accomplish is unclear. :?

BOT BOT BOT (in Charlie Brown's teacher's voice and tone)! Mrs. Bobby do you deny being a bot?

Stand up for yourself for Gods sake; I mean for your circuits sake!

Are you on a delayed timer like a sprinkler system; update your settings.

Your last post was close to being a necropost and I wanted to test the botter.

Did you go in for service, I mean health reasons?

One more edit.....

And Bobby if your ARE a real person I apologize for having fun at your expense. I want to be constructive and solution oriented with my posts.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Return to Technology and Divorce