Try going digital.
The discovery request I received had two pages of the instructions dedicated on how to organize the paper documents. These instructions demanded me to organize the documents in logical folders, and if there were enough for boxes, to use well-marked and logically-organized boxes. Delivered to oc's office at so-and-so, by yada, yada.
At least twice in these instructions, it stated these must be 'original documents' whether on paper or digital, whenever possible. So I decided to get all of my 'original documents' online. I blocked out all major account numbers and my ssn, except for the last four digits of each, by digitally erasing or making a filled-in rectangle over the first part, because some were pdf's and others were screenshot jpg's. And maybe a few word doc's downloaded from an account or two.
I also blocked out where I bought stuff on my credit card, but I didn't have any questionable big purchases since the split because I was executing financial austerity...actually, it was more like being cautious with my spending because I didn't know what financial pitfalls might lay ahead.
I made a folder called 'discovery response'. Within it I made numbered folders for every question, 1-34, even if the questions weren't applicable. Within every numbered folder I created a basic text document, titled with the same number, where I'd write my responses and description of that folders contents. Crowded folders had subfolders for each account, in an effort to keep things organized. For the non-applicable or not-available answers, I'd write 'na' in that folders text doc, keeping it vague. If the stbx had the doc, I'd write that in the text doc.
I zipped the 'discovery response' folder and emailed it to my attorney, who questioned my tactic but sent it anyway. OC was like a volcano erupting. But what's she gonna do besides be unreasonable. In a world of paperless billing, she had the 'original documents'.