Kids got "Tiles" for Christmas from Ex..Tracking us?

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Kids got "Tiles" for Christmas from Ex..Tracking us?

Unread postby FoGump88 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

My ex and i split time with the kids 50/50. They came home from Christmas with their mother and now all have
"tiles". Neat technology that can help find lost keys (with an app on their phone), or their phone (by pressing the tile on the key chain).

Here's the catch.. it appears that with the app, all 4 of the tiles can be located through the app. This would lead me to believe that my ex could locate the kids, with me, at any time.

Is this legal? Anyone else facing this type of issue?
FoGump88
First Post

Re: Kids got "Tiles" for Christmas from Ex..Tracking us?

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Its more common with phones and parents utilizing the find my phone feature.

Sign of the times. Whats your concern?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby torpedo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 am

It uses bluetooth. So it limited to about 100ft. Now, if the phone will keep track of a history of where the tile has been seen by the paired phone. The information wouldn't really be any different than if location tracking is turned on in the phone, find my iphone, etc.
torpedo
500+ Posts

Unread postby DivorcedDadInVa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:50 am

During the divorce NJ accused me of planting "listening devices" in my son's laptop that I repaired after she smashed it in a fit of rage several months before separation. Since then, my daughter has been prohibited from bringing her electronics to our house - apparently under fear that I'll install tracking or listening software!

So, I have had to purchase electronics solely for my daughter to use when she's with us and she cannot bring them home. It's silly and childish.
DivorcedDadInVa
50+ Posts

Unread postby Musky_Slayer » Sun May 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Ipads, iphones and such are trackable. Tiles are not gps based. I have seen exs use the tracking on iphones tho. Remember to change your pw for itunes if you have one of these devices. Mostly it just seems kind of paranoid.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes
Musky_Slayer
100+ Posts

Return to Technology and Divorce