Please recommend a voice recorder that WORKS!

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Please recommend a voice recorder that WORKS!

Unread postby Alon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm

I bought a clock that had a hidden voice recorder, but it tends to shut itself off all the time, and generally it's not very user friendly. The amount it can record before it's full is very little aswell.

So I'm looking for something else. Tape or digital? Tiny or memo sized? If anyone have a good experience with something, I'd like to know. And a link to somewhere it could actually be purchased would be perfect.
Alon
100+ Posts

Re: Please recommend a voice recorder that WORKS!

Unread postby a dad » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 am

Digital, MP3 compression, USB & memory card.

If you are looking for some models that members have used, you should also search the forum for devices, from small to camouflaged. Try 'voice recorder model' or similar keywords.
a dad

Unread postby Alon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 am

Yes, I've searched some, but not come up with anything conclusive. I see mostly 4gb models, isn't that too little? Do anyone use hidden microphones?

My intention is to get a regular memo type from walmart today, unless someone recommend something else.
Alon
100+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 am

It's not just the amount of memory but also the type of compression. Following my instructions above, on the first page of results I see a 2gb sony that records 535 hrs. So look for the amount of hours, make a decision, and buy one yesterday.
a dad

Unread postby Alon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:46 am

I think I will be going to Fry's instead. They did not seem to have any in stock at my local walmart.

Are the ones for around $50-60 good enough? Or do one need to spring for the ones at $120 and up?

I was hoping I could find a tiny one that could be hidden, or wouldn't be obvious if it was seen. I'm not sure I will be able to consistently hide a memo sized one throughout the time period I need it.

Also, do the memo sized one pick up the sound if one keep it in the front pockets of the jeans? If not, how do people store it so it can pick up conversation, while still being hidden? Do you add external microphone and hide that?
Alon
100+ Posts

Unread postby Alon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 am

I'm thinking to go with this one.

http://www.frys.com/product/7418105?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG

This model has a keypad lock, which is good. Then it won't turn itself off if kept in pocket, hopefully. Has Mic jack aswell.
Do anyone recommend anything better? If not I will get this one later today.
Alon
100+ Posts

Unread postby JD421 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 pm

I have a sony that I picked up at Best Buy for just under a $100 ( open item). It has a micro SD card and it also has a USB direct port that allow you to plug it into your computer and download items quickly. I have used it in my pockets but I found that putting it on a dog tag type chain works much better. This is not the item you want to go cheap on since you might need it to keep you out of jail.
JD421
500+ Posts

Unread postby Alon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 pm

I ended up getting the dtv4000 as this model was discontinued, but it's about the same thing. Has supposedly some auto gain feauture to pick up conversion with others better.

The effedup thing is I did not get time to be familiar with it before stbx came home, so I wasn't using it. Then she friggin attacks and hits me to take some documents away from me in regards to the children. I had the documents because i need them for a citizenship issue, but she seem to think they are hers. They are legally both. I had to give them up, dang thing I did not have this recorder running. :-(
Alon
100+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 am

Alon wrote:The effedup thing is I did not get time to be familiar with it before stbx came home, so I wasn't using it. Then she friggin attacks and hits me to take some documents away from me in regards to the children. I had the documents because i need them for a citizenship issue, but she seem to think they are hers. They are legally both. I had to give them up, dang thing I did not have this recorder running.
The general idea is to get that recorder up and running before you leave the store, and definitely before you get home.

FYI - When a veteran on this site advises that you buy recorder yesterday, he says that for a very damn good reason.

BTW - If she had called police, you would be sitting in jail facing phony DV charges. That recorder is your only defense against that.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 am

I guess you blew your chance to call the police too? Are you awake McFly?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Next

Return to Technology and Divorce