2houses.com (one family wizard clone?)

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

2houses.com (one family wizard clone?)

Unread postby fatheroftwoboys » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

I just came across the 2houses online software. I'm curious to see if anyone has use it long term? What are your thoughts? I just set up the calendar with the new parenting plan and shared it with teachers to make it easier for them to know what parent picks the kids and when they pick them up.
fatheroftwoboys
1K+ Posts

Re: 2houses.com (one family wizard clone?)

Unread postby JD421 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:08 am

I'm a former Our Family Wizard user and checked out 2houses.com. Other then being from Belgium it looks like it has some great tools. I no longer use OFW and in my case it was worthless but I'm looking for something that I can present to the NJ so we both are working off of one calendar regarding S5. I think Google calendar will be a good fit but I'm going to play around with it first.

If 2houses was a US site then I would feel better use it.
JD421
500+ Posts

Unread postby MikeDad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I was doing some research into calendars and thought I should update this thread. 2houses is now free. They just came out with an Android app and have had one for iPhone for a while. Since its free I'm going to give it a try. So far it seems nice, but I've never used any other calendar geared toward divorced families so I really have nothing else to compare it to, other than a regular calendar.
State: Illinois; S17, D15, D8... divorce finalized August, 2015
MikeDad
50+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 pm

We were using bothparents.com and neither one of us had much success making it work. Suggested a shared online calendar like google, etc., and she was not comfortable with this. I'll have to check out these others.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Co-parenting parents can benefit from these tools.

However, these tools cannot force a parent to co-parent.
a dad

Unread postby Thisdad80 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 pm

My girlfriend uses it with her ex. They really like it. It's got a lot of features and you can send each other messages and it has an important documents portal and everything. I tried to get my ex to use it but she won't.
Thisdad80
500+ Posts

Unread postby Ivan Danko » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 pm

I looked at lot of these tools. So did the ex. It turns out a shared Google Calendar was easiest, and Google spreadsheet for expenses; the last thing I needed was another app to log into. I would say I have many issues with my ex, but in this area she co-parents well.
Ivan Danko
500+ Posts

Unread postby MikeDad » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:28 pm

I've been using 2houses for 9 or 10 months, although my ex doesn't use it at all. So my reason for using kind of went away, but I already had the schedules set up so I kept using it. Anyway, I just got an email that it will no longer be free. The standard pricing is going to be $9.99/month. Existing users are being asked to contact them for special pricing. I just thought I'd update this thread with the latest info.
State: Illinois; S17, D15, D8... divorce finalized August, 2015
MikeDad
50+ Posts

Unread postby Hiscrive111 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:58 am

I am also using it from last year and when i firslty use it i also dont know how to use and how it should be use ..to understand it and to others also needds time it an amazing app also..But the problem as the last one says that is starting price it high .It should be low as it has the benefits in it ?? :roll: :roll:
Yes It is also an easily to use when you get understood it completly.
Al last i cvan say that its a good softwere ..Thanks
Pleae Think Befory Do..
Hiscrive111
New

Return to Technology and Divorce