Hacked!

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Hacked!

Unread postby MassDad2 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:42 am

Just a heads up. My divorce is close to being over........ early on she hacked my email because I was married for 24 years and she knew all the account security questions. She read all my email including all the priveleged attorney-client emails between my lawyer and I. Then she sent those emails to her lawyer. I am in Massachusetts and that didn't matter to the judge or police.

Then over the course of the next year, I happened to be talking to our mutual internet savviest friend. I said to her "I don't really trust you." She said, "You shouldn't." That sent chills down my spine.

Long story short I removed a Trojan.Agent off my computer. Found it with malware bytes. This gave her remote control acess to my computer. Screen shots? Check. My webcam control? Check Keystroke logging? Check. Access to all email and passwords? Check.

This is like having a burgalar in your brain. I would rather have one come into my house and wheel my 2 filing cabinets out with all my finan records. a) you realize they have been stolen and b) they aren't privy to all my thoughts, hopes and fears.

Incredible feeling of violation.

FYI Y'all.
MassDad2
New

Re: Hacked!

Unread postby done » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 am

Questions:

1. When she got into your email because she knew your security questions, DIDN"T That necessitate a password reset and didn't you notice that?

2. Did you have a Norton or Mcafee security program running?
Thanks
done
1K+ Posts

Unread postby DivorcedDadInVa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Planting a trojan or virus on your machine is against the law, and people ARE prosecuted during divorces if you can prove it. It's a violation of Federal law, so your state will not matter.

Same goes with the email ... "guessing" the password is still hacking the account, I would hope guessing the security questions would be, too. IMO the judge should not have allowed it. Guessing is not the same as actually having the password ... and even if she has the password, the INTENT by which you give it to someone is supposed to matter.

For example, if I give you my password so you can log in and fix something for me, it doesn't give you a life-long blank check to access my system whenever you want.

I think you got screwed by the judge.
DivorcedDadInVa
50+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:39 pm

a dad

Return to Technology and Divorce