What's the best way to print out text messages?

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Re: What's the best way to print out text messages?

Unread postby JumbleDone » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:54 am

a dad, the point is that he should not bend over forwards to give them this information, which they are already able to get from the cell phones of the children. It is a point of not being pushed around too much. He's Pro Se, so the OC feels they can push him further. He needs to set a line in the sand and let them know he understands what is required.

Discovery is used to pry information you cannot get elsewhere. They can get this information elsewhere, so the discovery request is not needed, and he will not look like a jerk or bad to the court to tell them to go pound sand. But the OC will perk up when they figure out OP is not a push over.
Audaces fortuna iuvat.

The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.
JumbleDone
5K+ Posts

Unread postby fatherinGA » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 pm

jumbledone wrote:a dad, the point is that he should not bend over forwards to give them this information, which they are already able to get from the cell phones of the children. It is a point of not being pushed around too much. He's Pro Se, so the OC feels they can push him further. He needs to set a line in the sand and let them know he understands what is required.

Discovery is used to pry information you cannot get elsewhere. They can get this information elsewhere, so the discovery request is not needed, and he will not look like a jerk or bad to the court to tell them to go pound sand. But the OC will perk up when they figure out OP is not a push over.

Actually I have a lawyer but he's terrible, going in a different direction when this case is over.

I guess I'll inform my lawyer that I don't have access to the emails and texts and he can forward that to her lawyer.
For every $1 a man makes, women only make 70 cents.
That's completely unfair, the man is left with 30 cents of every dollar.
fatherinGA
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Jumbled, I completely agree and my first paragraph was to add to the fact that texts are usually deleted or lost with the phone, while also giving OP some common excuses he could use if needed.

My second paragraph about using gv was aimed at ActiveDAD but also OP (since he lost those communications pertaining to the name calling with the bf) and everyone else.

In summation, don't delete communications but don't necessarily let the other side know you have them.
a dad

Unread postby kidsdadt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm

ActiveDAD wrote:I've used a couple of texts against NJ recently... on the iphone at least, you can view a text and take a screenshot by pressing the home and power buttons. It will save to your photo's which can then be emailed, etc. If anyone has a better method, I'd certainly like to hear it...

I'm using google voice now so my text are now in the cloud. I'm liking it better than the pint screens. I used the screens in my last hearing and it was way too many pages for such a short conversation. Each screen shot prints out full page.

The only think negative about google voice is that if I receive a picture them they aren't received via text.
kidsdadt
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Google voice does SMS (Short Message Service) which only allows text. If you add a photo, you're using MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) which does not work with gv. This practice was common among cell phone carriers years ago, before smartphones and unlimited data plans.

Attach pics to email when sending. Download locally or to google drive when receiving via MMS.
a dad

Unread postby Parent of Champions » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:51 pm

My ex took pictures of the phone with the text and also put the phone on a copy machine to get copies of the texts. not so savvy.
Parent of Champions
New

Unread postby JumbleDone » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Registered July 8, first post Sept 30?

Hello, lurker!
Audaces fortuna iuvat.

The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.
JumbleDone
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Cole224 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm

ActiveDAD wrote:I've used a couple of texts against NJ recently... on the iphone at least, you can view a text and take a screenshot by pressing the home and power buttons. It will save to your photo's which can then be emailed, etc. If anyone has a better method, I'd certainly like to hear it...

This above is the only way I know of on an Iphone. You can plug your phone into your computer, upload the pictures to a specific folder, then if you "select all" those text photos, then right click to print, you can choose a variety of combinations to print per page, like 12. You have to be carefull to keep the photos in order or then you get to number each text box.
Cole224
100+ Posts

Unread postby ugghh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:59 am

Google wondershare or copytrans. Either will do the trick.

Have used both to download crazy texts from NJ. I have also downloaded a few snippets from conversations with kids where NJ snooped their phone and tried to imply that I was making nefarious comments
ugghh
10+ Posts

Unread postby renedarling » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 am

In order to print out the text messages of iPhone, you can follow the tips below to give it a shot!
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer
After launching the program on your computer, connect your iPhone to it, and then you'll get the main interface below. This window is for iPhone 5/4S users.

When you get this window, you need to download a plug-in before your scanning. Just click "Dowmload" button to do it.

Step 2. Scan your iPhone to get text messages
You need to enter the iPhone 4/3GS scanning mode before you take text messages on it. Follow the guide below please:
1. hold youe iPhone and click "Start";
2. hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time for exactly 10 seconds;
3. release the Power button, and take the Home button pressed.
After entering the system, release the Home button. At the same time, the program will scan your iPhone for data on it.
If you use iPhone 5/4S, you don't need to take the three steps above. You can directly click "Start Scan" to begin the iPhone scan.

Step 3. Extract iPhone messages to your computer
After the scanning, you'll get a content list showing as follow. Choose the "Messages" category. You can preview them before saving them on your computer. To save them, click "Recover" and choose a place on your computer.
Note: message you get here are not only those on your iPhone recently, but also contain those you deleted recently. If you want to separate them, you can use the slide button on the top- only display the deleted items.

Step 4. print your iPhone messages
Your messages are saved as an HTML file on your computer. Now you can connect your computer to a printer, or copy your message file to a computer that connects to a printer, to make a printout.
renedarling
New

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Divorce