Is my house bugged?

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Re: Is my house bugged?

Postby Thermite » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Fatherofthree wrote:every sunday she returns she calls her cell from our home phone, usually twice. The duration of the calls are always the same. 36 seconds for first call and 0 seconds for second. It also appears that she calls her cell from the home phone friday before she leaves the house. I also see calls to the cell from the home phone when she arrives home on my nights during the week.

I often used to call my phone like that just to remind myself of the times I arrived, picked up, or whatever. That way when I was entering things in my journal later I could just check the phone to see what time it was when X event happened. In your case though, always 36 seconds sounds kinda fishy.... Have you called her cell to note if anything happens at that time mark (like, it takes 36 seconds to ring & click over to voice mail or something?) And how do you even get a phone call of zero seconds? (I'm not that tech savvy.)
Thermite
500+ Posts

Postby spritom » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:20 am

The social engineering method is to lay a canary trap. Let loose some info that is just too juicy for her to sit on so she'll act on it. But what you do it let loose the info that is slightly altered (enough) so that there is different versions that went through different channels.

Version A - via phone
Version B - via email
Version C - tell Friend X
Version D - tell Friend Y
etc.

Whichever version gets acted upon exposes the channel of the leak.

One such way to vary your juicy information is to not actually give out information, but to let loose that there is a much bigger piece of information stored at a specific location...again, exposing the info in different ways as described above (A=desk drawer envelope, B=garage toolbox, C=web location that you can track when opened, etc.). Whichever location gets disturbed exposes the leak.
New to all this? Read The List
TAC (The Acronym List)
Short-short version of what to do

跟猴子比丟屎
spritom

Postby blueTexas » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Spritom, I like your thinking. That's devious.
blueTexas
500+ Posts

Postby hoosier_dad » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Now the tricky part is to find some tidbit of information that she'll act on, but not something that she'll go nuclear with court filings or police calls. The guy that wanted to prove his ex-wife was stalking him on FB comes to mind, rather than passing on some innocuous information he told her he was taking out a hit on her so he ended up in jail until things got straightened out.
Last edited by hoosier_dad on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoosier_dad

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 pm

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby NightSG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 pm

spritom wrote:The social engineering method is to lay a canary trap. Let loose some info that is just too juicy for her to sit on so she'll act on it.

Yeah, but I'm too lazy and mean to waste time on that. I'd just spend a couple of weeks out of town and hire the ugliest nudists I could find to housesit.
NightSG
10+ Posts

Postby Fatherofthree » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:37 am

definitely something going on.....my weekend friday to sunday night....the following calls were placed from the home phone to her cell...
friday 4:26 pm 0 seconds
friday 4:28 37 seconds
friday 4:40 36 seconds
friday 4:42 36 seconds

she left friday, returns sunday night

sunday 8:11 35 seconds
sunday 8:16 37 seconds
sunday 8:23 37 seconds
sunday 8:29 37 seconds
sunday 8:32 36 seconds
sunday 8:41 37 seconds
sunday 9:13 37 seconds
sunday 9:14 59 seconds
today 6:11 37 seconds
today 6:14 37 seconds
today 6:15 36 seconds
today 6:18 37 seconds

so riddle me this batman, what the hell is it? I dont use the home phone so that cant be recorded. wireless router key logger?
Fatherofthree
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 am

Buy, rent or borrow a cell phone jammer and put an end to the nonsense.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby hoosier_dad » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

This was an interesting article on using a cell as a bug. Only useful if she is leaving it somewhere to capture audio and the lengths of the calls don't seem to indicate this is happening.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2124970_bug-home-cell-phone.html
hoosier_dad

Postby Outis » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 am

After these calls on Fridays, does the house phone ring over the weekend? Call it with your cell to find out if you don't know. Maybe forwarding the calls to her cell?

When she returns on Sundays, does the house phone ring? Perhaps forwarding them to her cell only when she returns?

What kind of cell does she have?
Αποφάσεις μας, όταν είμαστε στην ευχάριστη και φιλική, δεν είναι το ίδιο όπως όταν είμαστε πικραμένος και εχθρική.
Outis
5K+ posts

Previous Next

Return to Technology and Divorce