Found wife on Tinder; when to bring up?!

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Re: Found wife on Tinder; when to bring up?!

Unread postby grandet2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Trevor wrote:Seems grandie didn't read the part where papers have already been filed in the case.

Sorry, my apologies.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby mgtowthatish » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am

Regguy wrote:Hi guys. Found my wife on Tinder. Buddy actually swiped on her and set up date etc. and told me. I am definitely not dating or anything and trying to be civil and get thru this. We are right in the middle of divorce. What should I do? Thanks guys.

Show your attorney the profile. Likely, nothing will happen. Don't worry about what you can't change.
"Begin fashioning a life she will covet and will never have"
mgtowthatish
50+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

Why show it to the lawyer?

Papers are filed and divorce is commenced and they live in one of the "purely no fault" states which dont even offer divorces on traditional grounds like affairs, abandonment, etc.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby HaltAndCatchFire » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:00 am

^+1

Your attorney will bill you $65 for the privilege of reading the email and shaking his head sympathetically. Don't use your attorney as your therapist.
The only way out is through.
HaltAndCatchFire
100+ Posts

Unread postby mgtowthatish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 am

afc wrote:Why show it to the lawyer?

Papers are filed and divorce is commenced and they live in one of the "purely no fault" states which dont even offer divorces on traditional grounds like affairs, abandonment, etc.

I would agree with you if there weren't any compounding effects to the legal matter of divorce. Her having a tinder profile is not illegal and they live in a no fault state. What might not appear important to us can be very important to an attorney. If she is going out on dates or having multiple men over to the house during her parenting time, this could be viewed very negatively by the judge. An attorney could ask her, under oath, the following: "You say you love the kids so much, but you are on dates every night of the week, leaving the kids with a sitter instead of dad. Why is that Ms. X?" Might not amount to much, but your detailed journal and other people can corroborate that mom would rather be out every night than spend the evening with the kids.
"Begin fashioning a life she will covet and will never have"
mgtowthatish
50+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 am

Rabbit hole.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

Don't worry about things you can't change. ..or control.

You can also add "cause" to that list.
"No." is a complete sentence.
Do not move out of your house.
What are you grateful for?
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Technology and Divorce