Archive Forum Posts Prior to 2010

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Archive Forum Posts Prior to 2010

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:50 am

Outdated and old content should be removed from the active material, and placed in the forum archive.

While my personal feelings are that the dated content should be deleted completely, for the privacy and protection of those children involved, it should at least be archived with the pre-2005 material.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Re: Archive Forum Posts Prior to 2010

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:43 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Outdated and old content should be removed from the active material, and placed in the forum archive.

While my personal feelings are that the dated content should be deleted completely, for the privacy and protection of those children involved, it should at least be archived with the pre-2005 material.
1) Prior to 2005, this site used a different, much more antiquated format. During the change-over, something was lost in the conversion from old format to new format making archival research difficult to do. In fact, I think some history got lost.

2) No matter how archaic they may seem, old posts, this forum's history, should never be deleted, much less moved to Archives. Those posts not hurting anybody by being where they are. Old posts should remain untouched. Our history can't be replaced.

LEAVE EVERYTHING AS IS WHERE IS.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Re: Archive Forum Posts Prior to 2010

Unread postby gamingdad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:07 am

I would recommend locking them to prevent raising of the dead.
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
1K+ Posts

Return to Forum Suggestions