Please delete my account

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Re: Please delete my account

Unread postby jamessick » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:25 am

concernedmom wrote:She has nothing. That shouldn't even be an option.

Stop being concerned with the way things should be and deal with them they way they are.
concernedmom wrote:I can't see how you can say he needs to step up and then out of the other side of your mouth you say he has to follow her where ever she decides to go...especially if she is inept of taking care of herself.

His first step, as you've been advised, is that he needs to legally establish paternity. Until he does that he cannot expect to see any real parenting rights in court if she decides to rabbit.
Until that is completed, yes he'll have to follow her wherever she goes. As far as a court is concerned, it is HER child. Until HE establishes paternity, he cannot expect anything from a judge.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:26 am

He needs to follow his child, she just happens to be part of the package. I bet the farm the dysfunction where the mother is from is more comfortable to her than your overreaching involvement in their lives, coupled with your strong opinion of her character.

NewsFlash: These two parents will have a relationship until somebody dies. The mother is not going away, and the Court cannot unravel that which your son has created. Your son picked this woman to be the mother of his child, and this is the sum of his choices - the Court will not consider his effort to deem the mother unfit as it was his choice to make babies with her.

If the mother goes anywhere, your son must follow her to be involved in the child's daily life. His degree, or employer, or income will not be a factor in awarding custody - only his involvement in the child's daily life.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby concernedmom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:59 am

No wonder so many fathers give up.

If I were a man and had to deal with it, I'd say screw it. Quite honestly, it's complete < bovine scat >.
concernedmom
50+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:00 pm

You're more like their dad than you thought.
a dad

Unread postby concernedmom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 pm

well, I personally didn't have to deal with any of this. Their father was completely disinterested in being in their lives and we were forced to adapt to that. It was me or it was nothing.
concernedmom
50+ Posts

Unread postby SKD » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:58 pm

jamessick wrote:
Until HE establishes paternity, he cannot expect anything from a judge.

I hope this hasn't been mentioned before, but who's name is on the birth certificate?

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, wouldn't that legally establish paternity?
SKD
100+ Posts

Unread postby concernedmom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:04 pm

His name is on the birth certificate as the father.
concernedmom
50+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:06 pm

concernedmom wrote:His name is on the birth certificate as the father.

That doesn't prove hes the father or confer parental rights.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby jamessick » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:06 pm

A name on the birth certificate declares the man as the father, but does not establish legal paternity. its weird because Dad's name on the cert names him for support, but not for parenting rights.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby SKD » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:13 pm

A guy can learn a lot here.
SKD
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Suggestions