Please delete my account

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Re: Please delete my account

Unread postby concernedmom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:14 pm

that seems so backwards because states will still go after a parent for child support simply because their name is on the birth certificate.

I'm not debating you. I'm just expressing my opinion on the subject.
concernedmom
50+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:22 pm

concernedmom wrote:that seems so backwards because states will still go after a parent for child support simply because their name is on the birth certificate.

Sure, thats how it should be. Sometimes, that is when a man finds out his name is on the BC. That is also the time to contest paternity.

A woman can put any mans name on a BC. No evidence is necessary.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby concernedmom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:34 pm

well, they wouldn't do that at the hospital. I was there. She couldn't put anyone's name on the birth certificate unless he was present and could show sufficient ID. That was the only way he could sign it.

Kentucky may be different, I don't know enough about it. I never filed for child support.

Perhaps they caught on to some women lying about who the father was by putting anyone's name on there and going after them for child support. I imagine that would be one big legal mess for someone who is not really the father.
concernedmom
50+ Posts

Unread postby anewhope » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
concernedmom wrote:that seems so backwards because states will still go after a parent for child support simply because their name is on the birth certificate.

Sure, thats how it should be. Sometimes, that is when a man finds out his name is on the BC. That is also the time to contest paternity.

A woman can put any mans name on a BC. No evidence is necessary.

unreal!!!

I cant believe it. I wonder what a better way to handle this is.

How are paternity test done? how quick?
anewhope
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Check your state statutes on paternity determination. Every state has its own flag. The DNA tests vary by the lab that does them, based on volume and the process itself. These are not your drug store pee tests; the samples are strictly documented and custody tracked throughout so that the results stand up in court. You can google for turnaround time for a given lab, I suppose. But your lawyer will know that getting the samples as soon as possible so they are ready in time for a hearing. My guess is a few weeks.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Previous

Return to Forum Suggestions