Missouri Political Action Committee

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Missouri Political Action Committee

Unread postby Father for Change » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Ive recently been released from the system. The family support center nor my Ex can no longer threaten me to keep me from enforcing my rights and making change. I could not help myself when I was in the system but now I wish to change things for others. My child was taught to hate me, my ex was empowered by a do nothing family court system and I want to get a few laws changed so this doesn't happen to other fathers.

I propose:

First, getting enough signatures to get it on the ballot that a child is automatically emancipated at the age of 18. All parent are not liable for college expense or support past age of emancipation. This will encourage children to involve parents on educational decisions and keep them from suing parents for college, like we have seen in other states.

Second, Contact legislators to create a law that will make local police enforce a < parenting time > order. If someone is interfering with < parenting time > then they get a citation just like a speeding ticket with a fine attached. After 3 violations it is referred to the family courts and prosecutor with mandatory weekend lockup in county jail and review for possible change of custody. If the person is found to be in violation of < parenting time > then no modifications can be made by the offending parent up to 4 years and after that all changes occur through the family court not the division of family support center.

Third, The child support enforcement is responsible for collecting over payment of child support.

This is just some quick thoughts. What do you think?
Father for Change
First Post

Re: Missouri Political Action Committee

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:30 pm

I think you are on the wrong forum for political action.

We are a community of Dads who help our peers with matters of divorce and parenting - did you have a questions about your own matter you would like to discuss?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Re: Missouri Political Action Committee

Unread postby jamessick » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 am

Father for Change wrote:First, getting enough signatures to get it on the ballot that a child is automatically emancipated at the age of 18. All parent are not liable for college expense or support past age of emancipation. This will encourage children to involve parents on educational decisions and keep them from suing parents for college, like we have seen in other states.

A bunch of signatures on a piece of paper is not going to encourage children to involve their parents. Involved parents encourage children to involve their parents further.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
2.5K+ Posts

Return to Forum Suggestions